Airbnb increasing prices for logged compare to not logged users

Tomas27
Level 1
Bratislava, Slovakia

Airbnb increasing prices for logged compare to not logged users

Hello,

I find apt for 109e as not logged user. I decided to reserve it, so I logged in and price jumped to 119e. I was confused and logged off just to see if price change again and yes, it changed to 115e. So I logged back and it was again 119e.
So what the hell ?
One important point is, that what was changing is service fee, not base price...
It look to me like airbnb try to cheat their customers, because they see price and once they choose to pay they increase the price and hope the customer will not realize that !!!
What is this mess ???!!!
Can you fix it, or at least try to explain to me ???

1 Reply 1
Michael477
Level 10
Cholula, Mexico

Hi @Tomas27:

>airbnb try to cheat their customers<

Please verify your statements before making those and mainly READ THE MANUAL! There is a lot of help on site and you should use it!

When you are not logged in, the AirBnB site does not know WHERE you live.

When you log in. they do.

Reading the manual, (and reading well the listings) you learn that there is a fee for the exchange rate, as all AirBnB bases on USD.

So if you are located in USA you might pay 1..3% more than the listed price. If you liev outside USA AND THE LOCATION where you want to book is also outside USA, you might pay 2..6% more.

If that is the case, there is generally a small hint near the price, indicating that the exchange rate adjustment is charged.

regards

Michael

Saludos
Michael