Airbnb is killing me and I'm afraid for my life

Davor6
Level 3
Split, Croatia

Airbnb is killing me and I'm afraid for my life

Airbnb is destroying my health and life these days. 

I have been Airbnb member almost 5 years and a Super host for 3 years now with more then 45 active listings and around 350 reviews. 

Airbnb is my breakfast, lunch and diner, and never a guest waited more then 5 minutes for my reply, even in the middle of the night, cause I sleep with my phone. 

They are investigating false accusations against me already 2 weeks now and refusing to speak with me about it and are not willing to look at evidence that I want to send them. 

Instead of it, first they have limited visibility of my listings, then they block them and yesterday they cancelled the guest reservation that was for today with announcment that they will do to others too, during the process of investigation. 

I am losing guests, losing money losing customers with who I work with, but most importanely losing my health, nerves and mind. 

Yesterday almost car runed over me because I walk like a zombie. 

I cannot eat, I cannot sleep and I don't want to live anymore like this. 

And why? 

Not because 1 damaged and evil person reacted from ego and spite against me when I complained about her not paying me for extra person. I can understand there are all kinds of people around us, but evidence is on my side and I am not afraid in my innocence. 

I'm suffering because Airbnb treats me like **bleep**, they had only 1 short phone call with me 8 days ago and promised to resolve the issue within 48 hours which was too much to wait anyway. But that didn't happen, neither they replied any of my mails. 

Over Airbnb agents I have called them 7 times leaving a message to call me, I have replied on their one and only mail 12 times beging for some reaction. I wrote them on open case message around 10 times and I opened several new cases just beging for a phone call that they closed without replying, because that ignorance is killing me. After 7 days they just replied shortly on mail: "Please know we are still investigating this matter, and we are following our procedures, which can include the cancellation of reservations throughout the process."

When I asked do they need any help and evidence, they just cancelled my today 6 day reservation. 

Guest was confused and angry, but I couldnt help, Airbnb called him directly not to be my guests like I am convicted criminal. 

It seems that more then 300 fantastic reviews, compliments and no complaints on me dont mean anything to Airbnb. 

This is the biggest injustice I ever faced in my life so far, in 39 years. 

If I was arrested police would read my rights and I would have an attorney and would defend myself on court, but Airbnb ignorance and punishment is worse then jail. 

I am taking pharmacy drugs to function in real life and sleeping pills to get trough the night just hoping for a call or mail that doesnt come. 

If this continues further more I would rather be dead then experience this injustice anymore. 

I am afraid for my health and I cannot know in which way this pain and depression will leave me. 

Guys, please be aware that this could happen to you to. Anyone can file a false complaint on you and Airbnb will treat you like a criminal until they slowly investigate you are not.

Nobody deserves this kind of treatment. 

72 Replies 72
Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Davor6 please calm down, it is not worth it! Airbnb can be unfair, they have unlisted many superhosts for no apparent reason to us. I am confident that things will work out, maybe try Twitter or Facebook. Nothing is worth your health or your life, I realize this is your business but there are many other platforms out there that you can advertise on. Actually you should never advertise on only one platform because things like this happen. Once again, calm down, have something to eat, have a good sleep and try to relax. 

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi there @Davor6 ,

I'm so sorry to hear about this, I hope you're ok? This case has been escalated immediately for a case manager to review. For anyone reading this or immediate assistance, please contact our support team at +1-415-800-5959 or +1-855-424-7262 (toll-free) or by visiting the contact page here: www.airbnb.com/contact as this is not a dedicated Airbnb help channel. The Community Center is a forum for hosts to connect with other hosts or travelers to ask and share advice.

Many thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Davor6
Level 3
Split, Croatia

There are other platforms existing somewhere, but its too late now. I have booked whole summer in my personal apartment and I booked whole summer in other houses that are depending on my help, they are families actualy living from my help on Airbnb. I dont doubt I'm innocent neither I'm asking for mercy, but attitude and ignorance that doesn't seem to have an end on Airbnb is taking me to a nervous breakdown.

So many not answered, mails, messages, useless calls...

I didn't expect sympathy, but I did cooperation and care. 

It seems that 2 words from a guest who has 5 reviews is more important then a super host with 350 reviews. 

I feel sick, but I have to work, I cannot sleep. I bought a new pack of pills and trying to make it trough the day. 

Thank you for support 

Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Stephanie escalated your complaint, I am sure you will hear an answer soon. @Davor6 I understand you fully but everything will work out fine, untill thentake things easy. 

Hope your resolution comes quickly and is favorable! Like @Ana1136  said above, try other platforms...that will help your business beyond this current issue.

Wishing the best for you!

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Davor6 

Unfortunately it sounds like you are creating all this stress for yourself in life. Pills are not the answer. Have you tried a visit to your doctor for advice.? Yoga classes and massage are also helpful.

No-one should be operating 24/7 - with that many properties you should be employing a team to support your business. You don't need to answer a guest within five minutes. I turn my phone off from 11 p.m. - 7 a.m. and still have five star reviews and superhost status.

I do appreciate your frustation with Airbnb (not sure what the guest complaint was), but no business should be relying on one channel for its marketing, there are multiple platforms you can use as well as marketing directly.

Please make it a priority to look after your health first. I am sure the situation will get resolved with Airbnb. In the meantime identify platforms you can use other than Airbnb and go and take some time off for a spa day so you can unwind and try to relax.

Davor6
Level 3
Split, Croatia

Yes, somebody called in concern, which is a miracle considering nobody cared so far. 

Thank you for your optimism

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Davor6 

Thanks for letting us know, I do hope you are feeling a little better now.

Thanks

-----

@Davor6 Someone called because @Stephanie escalated the case for you.  You need to thank her.

@Ann72 I haven't known if I should thank @StephanieWithNoNumberAndNoWayToTag privately or not. But this was important, I think.

@Susan151 Your tag should have gotten to her!  🙂   Someone else posted that if you type the name and number, it magically tags even if you don't see them in the dropdown; I tried that today and it worked, but no @unnumberedStephanie.

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Ann72 - no worries, we are talking via private message. Thanks, though!

-----

@Stephanie That's very good news.  Thank you!

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Sorry @Davor6 

I don't quite understand the purpose of the screenshots you posted. Can you explain in simple terms what the issue was that caused Airbnb to suspend your account.

What harrasment did the guest accuse you of?

In this way we can try and advise further.