Airbnb is not paying their hosts and lying about it

Airbnb is not paying their hosts and lying about it

Hello airbnb community, I believe airbnb is purposely not paying some of their hosts and purposely lying to hosts about it. I am a verified airbnb host in Korea for several years. I never had a problem with them until this year. I haven't been paid for over 2 months with 6 completed reservations. I complained to airbnb customer service  but they told me that airbnb's system stated that they sent out the payouts to me and to contact payoneer because payoneer is at fault. I never heard of payoneer but airbnb told me payoneer is the company responsible for the payouts. I tried to call payoneer but they immediately hang up on me because its an automated system. So I write payoneer an email and they say to contact airbnb because payoneer has no record of me and its airbnb's fault. So I contact airbnb again and the person in charge of my case is Mia. She has lied to me twice. First she gave me these bogus payment codes to give to payoneer. Payoneer wrote me that the payment codes don't mean anything. I wrote to Mia about this and now she told me payoneer sent me an email on 8/9/2020 to register for an account. I never received this email and looked at my spam and trash folders to double check because I never delete any emails. I asked payoneer if they sent me that email and they said they never sent anything like that to me. I complained to airbnb to give me a different person to be in charge of my case or let me speak to a supervisor but airbnb won't do either.

Its been over 2 months and Mia and airbnb is repeatedly giving me the run around. There is no way to contact Mia via phone or her supervisors. How can I get my money when the person in charge of my case is lying to me? I want this problem fixed and to get my money airbnb owes me: 882,457 won.

Proof airbnb is not paying their hosts:

9 Replies 9
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Lee379 

Did you check if your payout settings are (still) OK ?

If you never heared of Payoneer and Airbnb transfers you money via Payoneer, something is wrong.

@Lee379

Request from Airbnb a copy of any and all bank details they have had on file for you since you first opened your account. 

Additionally, inform Airbnb that you require that they send you a copy of all documents relating to any previous attempts to send your payouts to you, to include source and destination details, payment reference number, disbursement reference number, originator reference number, WL reference number, beneficiary account number, beneficiary bank name and address, beneficiary bank routing code, payment method, alternate reference number, internal payment method, post-release information and reason for return/refusal

It doesn't matter one bit if you're not familiar with all those terms - you don't need to be. What matters is that they send you those documents - which they're obliged to do - as they'll be invaluable for you to have in hand, should Airbnb keep messing you about and you need to take this further. 

Send the request for all the information that I outlined above ASAP. That should focus their attention and hopefully, get things moving forward a little quicker for you.

Penelope

@Lee379

"I believe airbnb is purposely not paying some of their hosts and purposely lying to hosts about it.."

Well, until such time as there's an external audit/investigation carried out, nobody can say for sure what's going on. But certainly, there are a number of historic and ongoing serious irregularities and anomalies as regards hosts being deprived of their payouts, which greatly transcend what one would normally expect to see with merely glitch-related issues. (And a pronounced escalation of the problem over the past 6 months or so too) However, at this point, one can only speculate on what may or may not be the root cause of hosts' missing funds. Time will tell, I guess.

While the CNBC article you linked to was a reasonably well-written and put-together article, the reporter who wrote it unfortunately only scratched the surface, so it was a bit of a missed opportunity to shine a much brighter spotlight on the sheer scale of the missing payouts issue. But sooner or later, this is going to bring a lot of heat to Airbnb's door. 

Penelope

they paid me all my money today! very grateful, fighting hard since August and and its late October now....  12 hours after i posted my complaint, they decided to pay me.

The exact issue happened to me. My case has been opened since August 22 and they keep closing my case. Any idea on how I can get paid appreciated. Thinking about contacting the press, posting a viral video, and my lawyer has been apprised.

@Jacqueline1205 Raise a small claims court case. You don't need a lawyer and it is quick, cheap and complies with Airbnb Ts and Cs.

Thank you for taking an interest in my dilemma. Will do.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Jacqueline1205 ,

Sorry to hear about your payout issues! As it is not a bit clear, could you please elaborate a bit on this issue?

Is it related to Payoneer, like the above post says? If yes, have you also tried to connect with their service support? What did they say?

I have also reached out to the particular Airbnb teams if they can have a look at your pending payments and assist you further.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Anatole0
Level 2
North Little Rock, AR

hello friend, sorry for that. Hope you got paid. We are still facing the same issues. I have created this petition maybe airbn will do something: https://chng.it/6PCjCRYrsD

Demand Accountability from Airbnb and Payoneer for Host Payment Issues: