Airbnb isn’t releasing my payout without giving me any reason

Olya16
Level 2
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Airbnb isn’t releasing my payout without giving me any reason

Airbnb isn’t releasing my payout without even giving me any reason for that and just sending me copy paste answers “how they are here to help me” or not replying at all. The payout is for all the reservations I’ve been hosting from January. As they say to cut the transaction costs I’ve set up a bigger minimum payout. All this time I’ve been paying water, electricity, heating, internet bills, paying the cleaner, etc from my pocket thinking I’ll just later get a bigger sum of money. But when I now decided to receive the payout and adjusted the minimum amount to the exact amount I have in upcoming payout I didn’t receive any . I’ve contacted Airbnb support and after some waiting been told it will be released within 24 hours. Well it wasn’t. 2 days later I’m contacting them and within hours of wait, transfers to 3 agent I guess I can’t even get any clean answer not when or will it be released, nor even on the reason for that . One of the agents even miscalculated the amount! What he told me is that he calculated my transactions manually and got that number ( which was obviously smaller than the one stated on my account on THEIR website!). I’ve calculated it as well and got the exact number I have on my upcoming payout and my minimum payout. But no answer for that . Completely unprofessional . I’m quite new to hosting with them but would never think they would do such a scam with not releasing money for months of reservations! Did anyone have a similar problem and how did you deal with that?

6 Replies 6

Hello @Olya16 ,

First of all, look at your payout method and see if you have a limit on the amount, as minimum or maximum you can receive.

I advise you to add 2 or 3 payout method and change them as DEFAULT when you think is better for you.

Also, look at the transaction history at the DATE of your last payout and look in the email corresponding to your Airbnb account, all emails sent from Airbnb at the next 2 weeks of the DATE payout.

If you have already deleted from the email, call the Airbnb and ask them if, after the last payout DATE, Airbnb sent to you a notification, an email saying that the payouts are blocked.

For reasons of updating your personal data, Airbnb stops payouts and sends an email notification asking you to CHECK ACCOUNT INFORMATION, after the verification, your payouts will be released.

I know this is not an elegant way to ask for our account update information, but just so, we know and need to do the verification.

I wish you all the best, and to unlock your payouts as quickly as possible.

Ramona

Olya16
Level 2

Thanks Ramona . But that isn’t the case here ... I’m within the limits of my payout method so it can’t be the problem. I’ve never received emails from Airbnb that my payout is blocked . The last reservation I’ve had  was from June 2 to June 9 so the money is in my “upcoming payout “ long time ago.  just before I had bigger minimum amount of payout . And a week ago I decided I want to revive the amount I have. So I’ve adjusted the minimum payout exactly to that amount. It should’ve been released within a day by their own policy . But no email , no response from several support agents and the amount just stays in the “upcoming payout “. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Set the minimum payout to 0 when you want them to make a payout @Olya16 . That’s what I do and it always works .?

Olya16
Level 2

Also it’s set to western union not my account...

Hello @Olya16 ,

No problem the payout method is not your account bank.

In this case, need to contact Airbnb customer and they must escalate your case to the payment department, only they can unblock.

Good luck and have a great Sunday!

Ramona 

Olya16
Level 2

As I’ve said I’ve been trying to contact them since the problem accrued and till now got zero help. My question is for people who’ve been in similar situations .