Airbnb listing not showing plus loss of income

Val4219
Level 4
Hollywood, FL

Airbnb listing not showing plus loss of income

I am seeing red with airbnb first getting past system glitches, second airbnb tech support being inefficient and third airbnb not taking accountability for hosts losing income when their system glitch or or when their techs cause issues.

I have two listing off of the same property renting 2 bedrooms or 3 bedroom.  I just lock the back of the house if  a guests books 2 bedroom. Either way, they get the entire property to themselves.  Almost every day is booked for long stays or short stays.  What I thought was a side hobby has turned into an income. 

Until September 2021. My listing stopped showing on 09/04. I didn't realize it because I went to haiti to help with disaster relief. I was out 1 weeks but my sister told me we weren't getting bookings. Soon as I got back, I offered 20% discounts through the promotional features. No bait. I searched and searched for a solution. Looked through all the settings under my listing, for both listing, looked at the calendar. Then I thought maybe it was seasonal so I look under performance comparing to nearby listing. Sure for others there was 15% drop for other hosts but mine was 98%.  My page view used to be thousands each month in September it was 300! Both of my listing were impacted.

So I go and drop my prices nothing happened for a couple of days. Then I call airbnb and the tech says he is going to look into it. I hear nothing for a couple of days but I keep searching the area, it's become a daily obsession. And then my two listings show finally.  then someone books and I see its the wrong rate. I contact the same tech and tell him I do not have smart pricing yet my nightly rate is not what was booked. And so he says he is going to "hard set my price on a month to month basis" while he investigates. 

Meanwhile the guest cancels after I tell her what the correct rate is. And then try to set holiday rules rates for Thanksgiving and Christmas. The calendar remains static. I contact the tech and tell him i needed him to undo his pricing so my price could increase dynamically.  He writes that he it's done.   So I set my holiday rules. The calendar price remains static. I notify the tech that his hard set was still operating, he informs me that he had already removed it and he couldn't see what was causing the new issue.  Meanie someone books again this time for December through New year. Again the price is wrong. I contact the guest and he seemed flustered. I contact sirens and ask to speak to a supervisor. Two days go by no response but a new tech offers to assist. We clear all the settings, discounts and rules. The calendar price does not update so she tells me that the previous rep should not have tempered with pricing. It is against airbnb rules for techs to intervene in pricing because they had glitches like that happen in the past. If a change needs to be made, hosts have to make the change. And as she looks into the calendar, she discovers that my prices were dynamic beginning next year after 1/12/22. So she tells me she can't see what the tech did but advised me to manually set my price in the calendar until that date. I do and this temporary fix seems to work. 

She contacts the future guest to inform him  of the correct rate based upon my settings, that guest doesn't respond. So I reach out to the guest, ending a nice explanatory note. I get no response and then a nasty note and then he cancels. 

So now I lose 2 known  bookings due to the glitch and I lose income in September and December due to the glitch. And an issue was created in the calendar by airbnb tech support where I am forced to hard set prices until next year. Should airbnb not compensate me?

So I call and ask aurbnb to compensate the loss of income and this rep tells me that "it is impossible for any rep to make price adjustments, that I am mistaken. It's simply impossible". And she basically refused to escalate the ticker.

Can someone help? Has someone suffered the same issue?

3 Replies 3
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Val4219 

If hosting on Airbnb becomes an obsession you end up in this mess.

Sorry, just my impression after reading this story.

Oh, it has been passive income with very little effort on my side but a malfunction happened that  dropped me 94% off my revenue.  I spent days and night googling for answers. I find airbnb tech support very slow and hardly helpful.  Everything was working perfect. They told me it could have been a system update. Bottom line after this text set my calendar manually the problem got worse.   

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Val4219  Airbnb is not going to compensate you for lost bookings due to their glitches. Dream on.