Airbnb listings now show nightly rate including cleaning fee and service fee

Alice595
Level 10
Concord, CA

Airbnb listings now show nightly rate including cleaning fee and service fee

This morning I noticed that the nightly rate of a listing includes Airbnb service fee and cleaning fee averaged over the duration of a trip.

I have not received any notification about this change. Have anybody received notification about this change?

5 Replies 5
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

I think the guest reservation confirmation has always had the cleaning fee averaged into the nightly rate. But I have never seen a host get information about the guest Air BNB fee.  Can you post shot of what you are seeing?

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

Hi @Alice595, hope things are going well, haven't heard from you in a while. 

Likewise, I never received a notification but being Airbnb I don't expect too. 

I actually like the change. I think it makes the pricing more transparent to guests. Visually, it does make the nightly rate look more expensive but as long as every listing in my area appears this way, then I'm okay with it.   

@Linda108 

Screen Shot 2020-02-21 at 8.50.32 PM.png 

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Emilia42 @Alice595 @Linda108 I don't think this is new, is it? I thought Airbnb has always, or at least for quite a while, shown total costs whenever trip dates are included. It's only when dates are unknown that the true cost is not shown.

@Lisa723 This format is new to me. When you search yes, the cleaning fees were bundled in with the nightly rate. But on the listing page (when dates are selected) now the cleaning fees and service fees are bundled in to create a total nightly rate at the top of the pricing box (only taxes are additional.) So on my screenshot above it says I charge $95 per night when my selected nightly rate is $78. 

Alice595
Level 10
Concord, CA

@Emilia42 @Lisa723 @Linda108 

Thanks for your responses. Airbnb has reversed the change. It only appeared for a few days.

What I meant is the nightly rate shown on the list of listings after you do a search. It shows as the rate a host enters when the listing is created or edited. But during the few days I noticed that the nightly rate shows the average of nightly rate the host posted+cleaning fees and service fees averaged to each night.