Airbnb made an error in restricting my Airbnb

Legacy-Dwellings0
Level 2
Florida, United States

Airbnb made an error in restricting my Airbnb

I am fully aware that Palm Beach county requires a business tax receipt and a tourist development tax to operate an Airbnb. I have BOTH on my listing. Out of nowhere Airbnb made my listing restricted to only long term rentals even with having the correct licenses and numbers on my listing. When I contact customer support, they say they don’t know why and someone will get back to me. This is ridiculous! I am losing bookings! Please help!! 

38 Replies 38

Hello Linda,

I’ve been trying to resolve this for the past month. Can you please tell me what you did?... or text me 561-329-3293 if that’s easier.

Thank you.

Duane Roderick

Hi @Duane-and-Svetlana0 -  I would call TDT first and ask them to confirm that they’ve notified AirBNB that your numbers are valid. Do any of those circumstances apply to you that Brian mentioned?  Municipal/city tax numbers? Neighborhood covenants?  If so, you need to follow @Brian1613 s instructions. The final thing I would do is email/call Airbnb to confirm they have your reinstatement form. Unfortunately it’s a lot of phone hold time for both places. Once you’re listing is “fixed” you may not get a notice, so just try to change your minimum stay back from the 180 imposed by AirBNB and see what happens - can you save that change?  Good luck. 

Linda R. ClenDening
Sylvia635
Level 2
Wellington, FL

@Linda3172 hey! Linda , can you explain more details, how is your step? How to test it? 

@Sylvia635 Go to your AirBNB Listing(s), while logged in as Host, under Pricing and Availability, click on Trip Length. It will most likely have "180".  Edit that to change back to "1", or whatever your preferred minimum Trip Length would be.  Click Save, and if you're fixed the change will be saved.  Good Luck!

Linda R. ClenDening
Sylvia635
Level 2
Wellington, FL

@Linda3172 Here is what I have now, I go to the trip length adjust minimum 180 to 180 maximum , then save , the listing go back to list , but when try to change minimum back to 2 , it’s won’t let me do it, in my case , should I call the tax collectors? Or Airbnb? 

@Sylvia635 I would call TDT first and ask them to confirm that they’ve notified AirBNB that your numbers are valid. Do any of those circumstances apply to you that Brian mentioned?  Municipal/city tax numbers? Neighborhood covenants?  If so, you need to follow @Brian1613 s instructions. The final thing I would do is email/call Airbnb to confirm they have your reinstatement form. 

Linda R. ClenDening
Sylvia635
Level 2
Wellington, FL

@Linda3172  I did all those steps , only things is I haven’t done call the TDT office, I have my TDT number on file for fews year, I just recently apply and updated the BTR number , so confused and frustrating, because even my listing got delisted, I still have few reservations coming up(they booked it before my listing got delisted)so I don’t know should I take it or not, because I don’t want them fines me with something at the end , and have time let the traveler find the other place to stay. 

Legacy-Dwellings0
Level 2
Florida, United States

@Sylvia635 @Linda3172 @Duane-and-Svetlana0 @Mick389 

I am still waiting to get relisted even after contacting the tax office to email Airbnb and also filling out the google form TWICE! I continue to call Airbnb and it just frustrates me even more! The people at the call center have no effing clue as to what is going on and they are really good and saying pre scripted lines as to how they are going to take care of it and then do nothing. I’m so done with Airbnb I’m contemplating leaving them all together but that’s also where the majority of the market share is. Please help!! 

I completely agree. I have sent several chat messages and as soon as I explain the issue, they respond with auto-response they I already have an issue open....from 3 weeks ago.