Airbnb needs a simple BLOCK button

A30
Level 5
California, United States

Airbnb needs a simple BLOCK button

Airbnb needs to make a very simple block feature, sitting right on the guest's profile.

Currently, Airbnb customer service reps refer hosts to using the "report" feature, which only has 3 options (random reasons, none of which lead to a "block" button unlike what the reps are trained to tell us. Even this method is faulty)..

There are dozens of reasons why a host needs to block a guest from repeatedly harassing a host, requesting a booking, causing a host's acceptance rates to decline, and waste time when hosts already know it's an unsuitable guest.

Please add a block feature right on the person's profile and make it easy for us hosts to decide who can contact us.

25 Replies 25
Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

Yes, please!

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

YES for block button!

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

Shout this from the rooftops as loud as you can!!

Susie111
Level 10
Tasmania, Australia

YES, Airbnb Listen Please!!!

YES!!!!!!!!!!! 

Noel102
Level 10
Houston, TX

And make it an IP block so the can't just create a new account to keep coming back.

Ute42
Level 10
Germany

I also want a block button.

Why do I want to block a guest - who cares?

We're all here to rent out our places to make some money and if a host does not want to make money with a specific guest there certainly is a serious reason. It makes no sense to me if airbnb asks a host a "hole into the stomach" as was say in Germany, what the reason is.

If a guest absolutely wants to rent a place and the host alsolutely does not agree, this leads to unconvenient conversations and this isn't nice for the host and it isn't nice for the guest either. Noone want's that scenario.

Oh Ute! You hit the nail on the head....

............ or the button if it hadn’t disappeared!

Yes please! There used to be a way to block someone but it’s gone. 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

Yes!

Casita-By-The-Texas-Bay0
Level 10
Texas, United States

Yes, we need a blocked button.

Agree!

Thomas1033
Level 10
North Tonawanda, NY

I wanted to block the guy who came here for a single booking and had 3 other adults hiding out in the car and declared our place too small and cancelled when he realized he’d been caught.  I did not review him and he did not review us but I recently looked at his reviews from that week and he apparently got caught duping another host too.  I’m all for a block button!!!

Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

Hi @A30 

“BBBB” = Bring Back the Block Button.

@Casita-By-The-Texas-Bay0 , @Thomas1033 , @Sarah977)

As @Christine615 said, there use to be a simple button that we could use to block a guest. 

Visible on the same page as where we can report a guest. I know because I’ve successfully used it in the past.......

But alas, sometimes @Airbnb3 chooses to change or remove something good, that is working!  

As @Ute stated: a host uses this button usually with heavy thought and with a deliberated decision. Gosh, I even unblocked someone after I though about it because I felt bad, then I reblocked them when I remembered... I reviewed them low, for other hosts, then decided it was the correct decision to block them again. Why? Because we were a very poor match and it was never going to be a win or joyful experience for either of us, if they returned! I cried when they left the first time..... so don’t need that again. The button avoids stupid conversations and petty debating

Let the host decide who is best for their home or homestay. The guests have a report button to access,  but hosts DO NEED a second layer of protection.  I liked the idea of blocking the IP address as well, as mentioned by Noel, unless it is the only family computer. It would penalise others who may not be bad guests creating an account. However, if the same person is rebooking under false or recreated account, then there should be penalties.

“BBBB” = Bring Back the Block Button.