Airbnb not a decent responsible company after all?

Jacob231
Level 9
Copenhagen, Denmark

Airbnb not a decent responsible company after all?

@Catherine-Powell

Hello,
I am super disappointed with Airbnb after not wanting to help neither my last guest, nor myself in a difficult time. My guest had to fly home earlier than planned due to Covid-19 restrictions between Denmark and the UK, but Airbnb did not want to compensate her. Nor did Airbnb want to compensate me for their huge system screw up during the exact same time, leaking my and other users' personal data + paralyzing our accounts. Not a single apology even.
I suggested a deal where Airbnb would issue a travel voucher for the guest for a future booking, and that I would keep my money for the booking that I worked hard for in these pandemic times. The deal would satify two loyal users, and Airbnb would live up to their CEO's promise that "together we will make it through the world crisis". But instead the company seemed to turn their back to us.
My guest just wrote me that she understands that it will be difficult for me to find another guest with such a short notice and therefore she is willing to accept her significant loss (she is a student). I think it is very decent of her, and I have decided to act likewise, i.e pay back my money to the guest for the nights she did not spend at my place.
The only party in this situation who did not show decency, nor lived up to their responsibility, is in my opinion Airbnb.
Yours, Jacob Dammas (super host, Copenhagen, Denmark)

1 Reply 1
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Jacob231 wrote:

I suggested a deal where Airbnb would issue a travel voucher for the guest for a future booking, and that I would keep my money for the booking that I worked hard for in these pandemic times.

Interesting idea @Jacob231 but I don't quite see how it would work. Effectively you are asking for Airbnb to pay you for a stay that got curtailed as well as pay (via a voucher) the next host that the guest books with. This would require Airbnb to have a magic money tree so is unlikely to work.......