Airbnb not co-operating with me on dispute.

Luke166
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Airbnb not co-operating with me on dispute.

Guest made claim of bedbugs. 

Airbnb cancelled booking and future bookings.

I proved by pest controller no bedbugs at property 

I requested Airbnb investigate the fraudulent claim and pursue the guest for loss of revenue due to cancellations.

Airbnb just aren’t interested, now saying “

Our final decision was already taken, and we will be holding it, I must inform you as well that this case will be closed now.“

I cannot accept this from Airbnb.

this was several months income lost due to a guest’s false claim and Airbnb don’t want to do anything about it.

What can I do. And no, I cannot and will not accept ‘taking it on the chin’.

8 Replies 8

Contact an attorney and engage in their arbitation process to try and receive your funds from Airbnb.  Also contact your Accountant and see if you can write this loss off on your income tax.  

I’m in the UK, we don’t seem to have that independent arbitration process :s

Airbnb has an arbitration clause everywhere because it does not want to open itself up to lawsuits.  You must engage a solicitor to get to this process.  

https://www.airbnb.com/terms

Please note: Section 19 of these Terms of Service contains an arbitration clause and class action waiver that applies to all Airbnb Members. If your Country of Residence (as defined below) is the United States, this provision applies to all disputes with Airbnb. If your Country of Residence is outside of the United States, this provision applies to any action you bring against Airbnb in the United States. It affects how disputes with Airbnb are resolved. By accepting these Terms of Service, you agree to be bound by this arbitration clause and class action waiver. Please read it carefully.

Cormac0
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Luke110

Bedbugs is the new way of getting all your money back.

How many days did your guest stay before he/she left?

Luke166
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

3 nights out of 28. 

The US seem to have an independent arbitration service for users to turn to. In the uk there is nothing. Judging by size of this thread it seems a lot of people are getting frustrated at this kind of thing: https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/Appeal-to-Airbnb-s-final-decision/td-p/6490/page/3

If you had bedbugs they would have noticed it on the first night not the third, as a previous commentator claimed and backed it up with photographic evidence in an apartment he stayed in New York. He was eaten alive and had to seek medical advice.

With the reviews and star ratings you’ve got, it’s hard to see how you’ve gone from hero to zero after one Guest.

Based on the evidence I seen you’ve been scammed.

Luke166
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Thank you for the vote of confidence. I wish you were a case manager! I really do not know who to turn to. It’s not like I am particularly influential on twitter or Facebook either

Liz582
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

I had a similar outcome from Airbnb My guest , who btw had a discount and waiver for a dog fee, brought an un housetrained puppy two weeks into her stay. 

She stopped me from bringing my cleaner in and then after 4 weeks of a 6 week stay she put in a claim for a dirty apartment ! And she  took a picture  of her dog covered in dust!  She took a picture of a pipe that had overflowed in heavy rain, nothing to do with my flat but we fixed it immediately. A small drip on a kitchen tap which she knew about from day 1. Again we fixed it. O and she found a baking tray with a bit of rust although I’d put in a brand new oven and other trays! 

Airbnb upheld her claim even tho it was obvious she was trying it on. Nothing I can do it seems.