Airbnb on smart phones

Steven1199
Level 1
Paris, France

Airbnb on smart phones

Airbnb does not work on smart phones.

The ‘Send message to guest’ window does not appear on my iPhone. This means I am unable to communicate with guests using my phone. 
Your colleague at your Help Center told me Airbnb software was designed to work on computers, not smart phones. She also told me to NOT use the Airbnb download program as « It does not work ».

This means I am obliged to carry my computer with me every time I leave my home in order to stay in touch with guests. I see in my search on line there is a community of hundreds of Airbnb hosts who are in my exact situation.

Today, when the entire world runs on smart phones — I can use my iPhone to make paiements, buy and sell shares, book air tickets, get my Covid health certificate, do an infinite amount of daily tasks — but I CANNOT use it to run my Airbnb account (!)

This is ridiculous. Especially as Airbnb is a software disruption service provider that runs on a web based algorithm. Clearly, there are smart engineers at Airbnb.
Why not use them to update Airbnb’s software so it allows hosts — or in my case a Superhost — to use their smart phone?

3 Replies 3
Brian2036
Level 10
Arkansas, United States

@Steven1199 

I’m using my iPhone right now to answer your post.

I also use it frequently to send and receive guest messages.

Clearly it is working. You might need to update the app.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Steven1199 "Clearly, there are smart engineers at Airbnb."  Not sure if I would concur with that statement. They have one of the most user unfriendly sites I've ever dealt with and have endless and ongoing tech glitches.

They cheap out on their tech, just like they do on their customer service dept.

They are far more interested in constantly slicking up the graphics, and adding pointless things to the amenities list, like the brand of refrigerator you have, than they are improving the user interface.

Katja202
Level 10
Ruinen, Netherlands

@Steven1199  I also answer messages on my Iphone. I downloaded the AirBnB app and have a Iphone SE with iOS 15.0 installed. 

Groetjes Katja