Airbnb owes me $17k+ on guest they still haven't canceled

Kurt-And-Sheila0
Level 2
Woodstock, GA

Airbnb owes me $17k+ on guest they still haven't canceled

Maybe the community can help. I've tried Twitter, calling and messaging. My guest arrived early January and has extended repeatedly all the way through the end of July.  I noticed a month ago that airbnb hasn't collected rent since the initial payment.  I am now owed $17k+ and I am concerned that Airbnb will never pay.  The guest has made repeated attempts to send them the money via a variety of methods because the system doesn't like his credit card.  The guest has asked repeatedly for me to take his credit card information and charge his card. I don't want to take payment from the guest offline and forfeit Airbnb's responsibility to pay.  I have asked Airbnb repeatedly for payment and when I call I am told it has been escalated to a department that doesn't have phones.  I have been messaging for three days without an update.  I need the money I am owed to pay my mortgages. Any suggestions? Airbnb has not yet canceled the guest so I can only assume Airbnb is still responsible for the nights the guest has stayed?  HELP! 

1 Reply 1
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Kurt-And-Sheila0 The guest has been in residence since early January, and you only noticed in the middle of April that you hadn't been paid for anything but the first month? And yet kept letting the guest extend?  I don't know what to say, except that's pretty lax bookkeeping. 

I guess all you can do is keep at Airbnb and if they don't come through, then get the guest to pay you privately. How do you know he's tried repeatedly to get Airbnb to accept his credit card? Just because he told you that? Perhaps it's true, but I wouldn't have let this guest stay past when you didn't get paid on time- the credit card problem should be the guest's problem to work out with Airbnb, not your problem.