Airbnb owns Hostess more than $2,000 and delete the account offer no explanation

Airbnb owns Hostess more than $2,000 and delete the account offer no explanation

my friend who is Africa America family lost a job and support them self with hosting has been deleted because he never get payout from Airbnb owns more than two thousand dollars and delete them after he called in more than ten Times asking for payment do you guys know how to do this I hope Justice Jun 9, 2020, 12:35:32 PM PDT:

**Personal information hidden due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines - Please note that it is not allowed to share any personal details and conversations publicly for your own privacy

3 Replies 3

@Taylor317  It's hard to comment on this situation without knowing the full story. If there is an ongoing legal dispute, it's understandable that you or your friend may not want to comment in this very public forum on the nature of the alleged security breach. But it's clear that Airbnb takes it seriously enough to take the unusual step of terminating the entire account rather than suspending the listing. I'm not prepared to take a position on Airbnb's actions without any information on the reasons behind them. Does your friend even have a guess at what she's been accused of?

On to the less sensitive topic - what payments do you consider to be what Airbnb owes this host?  Are you talking about completed, past reservations (excluding the one quoted in the termination notice) that haven't been paid out yet? Or specifically the disputed booking? Or also an outstanding damage claim? Or the future bookings that Airbnb unilaterally cancelled? There are separate policies in place for all of those different scenarios in the event that an account is terminated, and nothing in your account provides any indication of which would apply.

Yadira22
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Liv  could you assist? Thanks 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Taylor317  Airbnb doesn't delete accounts because a host contacts them repeatedly about a missing payout. There is more to this that you aren't disclosing, perhaps because your friend has not told you the whole story? I'm also not sure why you mentioned your friend's race. That would be immaterial to this issue. If you are thinking the account got deleted because your friend is being discriminated against due to race, I can tell you that plenty of white hosts have had their accounts deleted for seemingly no logical reason, and that discrimination is very much against Airbnb policy.