Airbnb payout collapse

Maarten23
Level 1
Bogotá, CO

Airbnb payout collapse

Just got off the phone with an Airbnb helpdesk agent regarding a payout that should have been sent March 19th, and they basically told me the system has collapsed and they have no idea when I will be receiving my money. Anyone else receiving this kind of answers?

7 Replies 7

@Maarten23   That's the first I've heard of an agent putting it in such blunt terms, but it's not surprising considering that they're suddenly issuing untold millions in refunds while taking in drastically less in revenue.  Airbnb's valuation is in the billions, but it might be having a major problem with cash flow at the moment.

Class action!

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer, but I have a strong feeling that anyone who is owed money by Airbnb at this point (I'm talking about for already completed stays) may never get it.

Dont give up. They are held accountable on a contractual basis. I also copied and pasted the notice stating that hosts will receive 25% of our cancellation amount at the end of April.  

Juan63
Level 10
San Antonio, TX

I got money today right on schedule. Not sure if it has to do with your payment method since you’re in Colombia.

Michelle53
Level 10
Chicago, IL

The payout system is very likely automated, and payouts triggered by check-in date. I doubt there's a person reviewing each and every payout.  It doesn't seem reasonable that the entire payout system "has collapsed". 

How are you doing now Michelle?