Airbnb payout issue

Answered!
Julie776
Level 1
Cape Town, South Africa

Airbnb payout issue

Hi everyone,

I have had a worrying experience with an Airbnb payout this week.

I cancelled my Paypal account sometime last year and listed a bank account as the default account.

Recently had a guest staying and received a notification from Paypal that a payment had been received from Airbnb for me. I queried this with Airbnb after checking that my bank account details were in fact my listed default details, and their attitude was 'this is not our problem take it up with Paypal'.

When I insisted that Airbnb sort it out and reverse the payment and pay it into the correct account, I received no further communication.  

I went back onto my profile today and to my horror discovered that my default bank account details have been deleted from my Airbnb account!

Any advice on how to proceed further? 

1 Best Answer
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Julie776 Getting your money is easy if Paypal have it as it’s been sent via either your email address or Paypal ID. So it would be very easy to click on the link and pay your money out to a bank account. Annoying though ...I would re-insert the bank details. The AirBnB platform is riddled with bugs - be thankful that Paypal has your money! Good luck

View Best Answer in original post

39 Replies 39
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Julie776 Getting your money is easy if Paypal have it as it’s been sent via either your email address or Paypal ID. So it would be very easy to click on the link and pay your money out to a bank account. Annoying though ...I would re-insert the bank details. The AirBnB platform is riddled with bugs - be thankful that Paypal has your money! Good luck

Thanks so much Gerry and Rashid - really appreciate your response and advice!

Megan197
Level 1
Lehighton, PA

I had a reesrvation over 2 weeks ago and still do not see a payment in either my bank account or paypal

Im with airbnb for one year and this is the first time I had this problem ,what I can do to recrive my money?I have the same problem,

Yes, me too. My guest is sleeping inside my house everyday. He said that he paid off everything for me. Then I asked AirB&B, they said that the transfer had made successful. But I didn’t get any penny of that amount. I show AirB&B the statement from each bank I settled default, included PayPal. Please tell me, how can I solve this problem? Thank you very much for your help!

Good morning everyone 

I called to AirB&B last night by the number 855-424-7262 they accepted the issue and solved the problem for me right away. This morning I got an email that the payout will be coming on the end of this month.

Thank you very much to AirB&B support  team

have a great day to everyone 

Anna

This is not a useful answer as you don't say how they solved it. It's 3 weeks since I try to solve this issue. Speak to Airbnb, they told me to speak with the bank, the bank is saying the issue is not on their side, speak to Airbnb.

I have not received my payout due since 17 January! I email daily and have called by phone they say it’s a ‘technical ‘ problem and with the developers!! This is very frustrating. It’s gone on too long. Now it’s several weeks delayed. Is there a bad practice business agency to report this to? Where is the money???

CFPB (Consumer Financial Protection Bureau) has worked for me........Twice!

Brad224
Level 2
New York, United States

I am experiencing the same thing...and the customer service is infuriatingly unhelpful.

the post covid airbnb cs is all handled remotely now.  its a recipe for disaster and tons of hosts dropping the platform.  

i've been airbnb host since 2015 and never had an issue receiving payouts.........till Now!

Wayne411
Level 2
Melbourne, Australia

we have the same problem with payouts not being received.  

Update all the same bank details, still doesn't work, - and aScreen Shot 2022-07-27 at 13.12.34.pngirbnb just closing the support cases lodged?

Daniel2905
Level 1
Canning Vale, Australia

Hi, same issue for me. Have you gotten a solution yet? 

Megan197
Level 1
Lehighton, PA

this is my first time asa host on airbnb

but i don't see payment anywhere.

is there someone i can contact????