Airbnb please add video

Jennifer1577
Level 2
Colorado Springs, CO

Airbnb please add video

@Catherine-Powell 

The timing is critical and the time is NOW for Airbnb to allow video tours and check in to our listings.

With Covid19 and social distancing, everything has gone from in person to video.  

I previously have conducted in person check in's for my guests in order to give them a tour of the space, and specific detailed instructions on how to use the many and complicated amenities with my listing. I chose to conduct in person check in's in order to ensure the safety of my guests, protect the property from damage, and to ensure my guests are able to easily use and enjoy all of the amenities with my listing. I have recently converted all of my listings to self check in, in order to abide by the social distancing requirements put in place by Airbnb. Now, how will my guests get instructions for things that are better shown then written?  Example: how to unlock the hot tub cover, how to remove the pool cover, how to turn on the natural gas fireplace or bbq grill, how to use the security system in case of emergency, etc. These instructions for guests are critical to ensure their safety, their ability to use the amenities included in the listing, and to protect the property against negligent damage.

I understand there is a section of "check in instructions" where photos and descriptions can be added, which I have done. I have been a Superhost for 2 years, and in that time less than 1% of all of my guests have actually reviewed and completed the online "start check in" process. 90% of my guests were not even aware that it was there. 

Lastly, part of the reason for me maintaining my 5 star rating for 2 years, is due to the in person interaction I have with my guests, read my reviews. The social interaction, putting a face to the host, and ensuring guests have everything they need for their stay has been critical to my success. By eliminating the in person walk throughs, we are removing the social interaction element between hosts and guests. 

I think most hosts will agree with me that by adding the ability to upload a video tour of our listings, and by allowing a video to be uploaded to the check in process showing guests what they need to know or where to find information, is a critical update.

4 Replies 4
J-Renato0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

It is just an idea.

You can record a video in mp4 format (using your smartphone or some video camera)
Then create an YouTube channel. 
Upload the video
Get the video link address
Then.. all you have to do is to send the link to the guests before checkin.

Alternatively, you can send a text message. Writte the information for checkin and save it. Print it as well.
Again... all you have to do is to copy and paste the message to send to the guest. You can also shoot  the printed information with your smarthphone and send the pic to the guest.

Guests will read it if it is short and to the point.
Do not sent a 20 pages mumbojumbo manual. 
1 sheet at the most!  

As precaution, leave the printed information on some table or shelf, where the guest will find it.

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Jennifer1577,

Adding on to what @J-Renato0 has said, you can also make .mp4 videos, and put them on a micro thumb drive and connect it to the main TV's USB port.  This way the guest can easily view the videos without having to use the internet.

JRenato and Debra’s suggestions are useful but it would simply matters for all involved if Airbnb could include this function directly on the site. 

Kay1367
Level 2
Barcelona, Spain

I wholeheartedly support this. Urgently needed.