Airbnb removed the check in instruction link?

Carlos1539
Level 2
London, GB

Airbnb removed the check in instruction link?

I just found that I can not send the check in instructions link to my guests and Airbnb replied me they have already removed the function from the system.

Personally I found this function was quite useful and handy. How do you think? Hosts

5 Replies 5
Erin4417
Level 1
Tucson, AZ

I’m also trying to find out why they removed it, it was really useful as a host, and convenient for guests. As a work-around I've copy-pasted it from previous messages to guests into my Notes app, and have been copy-pasting it into each new message... kind of annoying. Hope they put it back.

Thank you Erin, This is helpful. I will save it on my desktop.

Maria2286
Level 2
West Linn, OR

I miss it as I used it all of the time. Now I have guests saying that they could not find it on their email from Airbnb before check in and are contacting me with all kinds of questions as to how to find their door, where to park, etc.

BenkaandKeith0
Level 10
United States

It's insane they removed it! We purposely do not want to update Airbnb app on one of our phones ONLY so we can still send it out to our guests. It's essential for us living in the rural areas where people are getting lost all the time, where the phone coverage is sporadic. We called and mailed and messaged several times asking for it back. No response, as usually. Not even an explanation why they removed it. No option our there is ever used by everyone, so why removing it? Leave it and let those who find it helpful use it and the rest can ignore it.

BenkaandKeith0
Level 10
United States

CAN ANYONE FROM AIRBNB AT LEAST OFFER AN EXPLANATION WHY WAS GOOD/HELPFUL/NEEDED FOR THIS SUPER USEFUL FEATURE TO BE REMOVED?????? Or is this too much to ask..