Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Airbnb removing phone numbers & 3rd party useful links to online resources in comms with guests

Ralph37
Level 1
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Airbnb removing phone numbers & 3rd party useful links to online resources in comms with guests

When trying to share info on getting to our fairly remote Scottish west coast property we supply links to Google maps and give the guests the landline number for the property so they can share this with their friends and family to get them (mobile reception is poor where we are so the landline can be the only way to reliably speak to people).

I noticed that these important bits of information are then subsequently stripped out by Airbnb (so presumably the guests never get this important information?). This is not good. How can this be resolved??

Anyone know a sensible way around this short-sighted strategy from Airbnb?

4 Replies 4
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Ralph37,

Great to meet you. 

In terms of your question here, are these details that you could perhaps put in your Itinerary instead? 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Ralph37
Level 1

Thanks Lizzie

Forgive my ignorance, but where exactly do I go in order to put information into my holiday home's itinerary?? I have looked, thinking it would be associated to the actual listing info.. but no joy thus far???

Cheers

Ralph

Ralph37
Level 1

Think I've found it. For others' benefit, it's under the Listing and then select 'Guest Resources'

R

I tried to find a guests number when they messaged me that they were lost. My phone which does not have the app was the only place to retrieve the guests mobile information. I could not find it on my tablet which has the app downloaded. Really Frustrating!