Airbnb request to update account information

Airbnb request to update account information

I received a request this evening from Airbnb to update my account information. It came to my home email account, and read as follows:

Add account details to keep your payouts coming

Hi,

It's great you're earning on Airbnb—and now it's time to update some of your account details.

This info is required to keep your payouts coming, so be sure to update your account details by October 19, 2018. It should only take a few minutes

Underneath this was a blind link "Add account details" which I clicked on and then thought, WHOA, what if this is a scam? And I was being sucked into giving up account details from which some offshore scammer could then hijack my funds or to which they could get info about the account where Airbnb deposits my payments.

In any case I rang Airbnb and was assured this was all legit. 

My gripe was that sending this request to me via my home account (to which I receive all sorts of emails), and not to me via my Airbnb account, which I access after logging in, caused me real concern about the legitimacy of the request.

I have since received the following reply from airbnb:

"I have taken note of your feedback, as you know, we are a work in progress and your feedback is highly appreciated. No worries about the e-mail that we sent about you updating your account details, that really came from Airbnb.

We’re truly passionate about providing our community of hosts and guests with the best possible traveling experience. I personally take great pride in assisting our valued community members like you.

Thank you for being a part of Airbnb family.

Wishing you a lovely day!

So rest easy....I guess!

6 Replies 6
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Phil-and-Loretta0 Log into your accout as you normally do,  not via a link tney sugest - just check everying is of and hwbile you are at tile dhange your password. Sounds lile phsing  to me

Grant19
Level 2
Sydney, Australia

recently we have been asked to update our account details and it asked for company details to be updated only otherwise payment was going to be stopped.  The updated company details was updaed and the same threat was still up that accounts will be stooped if not.  What this suggested was misleading and false and remains still up despite updating company details as it asked.  After considerable phone lengthly conversations with airbnb we were told the main account holder had to have an government ID submitted with a photograth.  This account was with the same person for two years and sufficient details ahve been given to airbnb to verify the person and was never an issue upuntil recently.  The main account person dies not ahve a photo ID as now is required to provide and we remain unpaid and they will not accept documentation in court approved evidence which verifieds his ID but still insist on a phoo ID which will not be given to guests regardless.  This is now going to take considerable further complaints to airbnb to address why payments are not made in the name of protection -yet has at the same time now caused a serious and further new crisis in being able to pay our mortgages.  When this ws explained to their senior person on the phone- they said they will call back tomorrow and send an email straight away as to the days discussion.  No such email was sent and no phone call the next day.  We offered to give them real evidence of mortgage documents to prove who the real account holder was but clearly airbnb do not consider it important to do as they say they will do with respect to phone call back and email.  it is clearly a ridiculous impisition now required two years later to a criteria which only airbnb will use.  they do not accept that a person can not have  government photo ID so insist on no payment.  looks like serious problem of collusion with authorities trying to get a photo ID on the main account holder for different motives.

Terry96
Level 1
St. Augustine, FL

I am trying to update my account information as AirBnB asked me to by uploading the front and back of my drivers license.  The upload of the front of the drivers license has been running for almost a half hour now with no end in sight.  Cmon AirBnB, you need to make it easier than this!  Not everyone has an hour or two to get this done!

Vasana0
Level 2
Karon, Thailand

Let’s get you paid. Take a moment to add some required info.Hi,
Your payouts have been paused until you add your account details. This info is required for your account and should only take a few minutes to complete.

What is this?  We cannot find anything to update.  We contacted the Airbnb "Expert" and we were told everything was OK.  We have a guest arriving 7 February, are we obligated to check them in if we are not going to be paid?

Anita19
Level 2
Prague, Czechia

I typed all the information and had completed the verification but it seems the verification is not complete as the message still pops up on my dashboard. I can't get rid of the pop-up message. After a chat with Airbnb, I was told I have to wait for 3 days and will receive a confirmation email. It's really frustrating
p.s. All my information Airbnb already had. I didn't actually update anything

Stefanis0
Level 1
Decentralized Administration of Attica, GR

Hello! I have 3 times now put in all the information and still get the pop up, still get messages and emails requesting to update the information again... What is going on? Will this ever be updated?