Airbnb review content policy

Lauren367
Level 2
Fremont, CA

Airbnb review content policy

Hi all,

I had a guest not leave my listing at the stated checkout time, so I messaged him and asked when he would be checking out. He told me he would be leaving in 45 minutes and when I told him we weren't able to accomodate a late check out that day, he replied that he would asap. He didn't leave asap though, and so, I called Airbnb to understand my options. 

Apparently there is an unauthorized late check out policy which I wasn't aware of, but the case manager told me about it and said she would email the guest about it... Well, he wrote a review that said I tried to charge him for two days stay immediately after her email. 

What is the community's thought on whether this violates the airbnb review content policy? My thinking is that this relates directly to the content policy that states reviews can't include "content that refers to the details of an Airbnb investigation." [To add additional detail, I never directly contacted him about the late checkout policy, never ended up charging him, and actually never heard back from the case manager after she emailed him.]

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

@Lauren367 you can always *ask* to have a review removed.

It helps to have some sort of rules-based justification for the removal, but (as one might expect) the decision is in the hands of the customer service person who is helping you. (Which is why it makes a lot of sense to be as nice to the customer service person as possible.)

I could see the decision going either way.

Az2
Level 3
Huntington Beach, CA

Lately airbnb started to refuse to remove reviews that openly violate policies.

Do you have examples?  I think we hosts need to start insisting that Airbnb support its hosts when reviews that violate the spirit of the content policy are allowed to remain.