Airbnb robbed me of $7000

Chris15766
Level 2
Medellín, Colombia

Airbnb robbed me of $7000

Today I received a security prompt upon entering my account and my account was locked. I confirmed my account with my phone number and was able to log in again. However, my next guest wrote to me that my account was now blocked and then I noticed the reservation was canceled.

I called Airbnb and they told me that when an account is locked that they cancel all reservations. They told me the only possibility is to have the guest reserve again.

However, I contacted the guest and the guest told me that Airbnb sent her a message that I was removed from the platform due to a violation!!! Of course she's not going to want to reserve if she thinks I was removed due to a violation.

Airbnb robbed me of a 7k plus reservation with zero recourse!

2 Replies 2
Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Chris15766 

I'm really sorry to hear about this.

Have you been able to resolve things with Airbnb support?

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Narelle7
Level 2
Launceston, Australia

Hi Jenny

i’m in Australia and all my payments are being withheld Airbnb , I have almost $10,000 owing to me and despite phone calls and Airbnb nothing is being resolved so I’m continuing to host and not get paid is there any I do ?

do you have any ideas about what I can do to escalate this to someone who can resolve it ? I have been a super host for more than 10 years thank you Narelle Wickham Sydney Australia