Airbnb’s Directed Share Program

Airbnb’s Directed Share Program

Did anyone get an email offering direct Airbnb IPO shares? seems like it should come through the Airbnb website. 

31 Replies 31
Allen107
Level 5
Brownsville, OR

@Jim95 @Thatcher1 @John-And-Caroline0 

@Lizzie @Nick  @Emilia42 @Sharon1014 

Hi folks. Thanks to hosts Sharon1014 in Australia and Emilia42 in Maine, I believe we caught an Airbnb "spoof" website just in time. I was able to click on the correct link provided by Emilia42 and successfully pre-register for Airbnb's pre-IPO Directed Share Program. Again, real link & screenshot below:

https://www.airbnb.com/d/airbnbs-directed-share-program-pre-registration?c=.pi80.pkb21uaS8xLzQ0MjYx&....

The real link, not the spoof.The real link, not the spoof.

Hello,

I received the email.

I am eligible for the program.

However, I cannot get the form to load.

I tried to load it in several browsers, in the app, on my tablet, using my ISP, using a VPN, nothing seems to work.

I contacted customer service on November 17 2020 right after receiving a faulty email from airbnb and have an open customer service request. that only received an answer today but the form still does not work.

Can you please help before the deadline.  

Thank you!

@Nick

@Jim95 @Thatcher1 @John-And-Caroline0 

@Lizzie @Nick  @Emilia42 @Sharon1014

Hi Folks:

As of the DTS (Date-Time-Stamp) of this post, I’m currently stuck at step 6 (the W-9 certification step) of Morgan Stanley’s 10-step registration process icw Airbnb’s DSP (Directed Share Program). Are any of you hosts experiencing the same?

Allen107, Superhost in Brownsville, Oregon

Wondering out loud: perhaps Airbnb & Morgan Stanley rolled out a “beta” version instead of a “properly vetted and fully-functioning” final secure registration website? Allen107, Superhost in Brownsville, Oregon since 2013

Been in hold with Morgan Stanley Company for 45’ and counting...

@Allen107 & others

I have read that folks are having issues at Step 6, or when you select to have a link texted or a phone call placed to you to receive the code for Docusign to ge thte W-9 processed.

It's sometimes important for folks to log into the site for which you just created an account.  The websites want to Authenticate you, and the device you are using to process the form.

If you kept incessantly clicking on the "resend" button before authenticating on the Morgan Stanley website, the security features might not like it.  I know, sounds stupid.  But that's how some sites are programmed.  I got to the step where you request the code/link for the W-9 via docusign.  It didn't send me an email or text.  I logged out.  Then logged into Morgan Stanley from the link I received WHILE I WAS COMPLETING THIS FORM.  I was then asked to Authenticate the device (latop).  I then added my phone numbers to my profile.

THEN I went back to the link (the FIRST email from Morgan Stanley today) to RESEND the link/email to get the W-9.  I pressed the Resend button.

Got the email and text within 3-5 seconds. W-9 completed.

Please try to log into the Morgan Stanley site.  Not the directed share program link.  www.morganstanley.com and authenticate your device(s).  This MIGHT help.

Good luck!

Scott @ Sou4thATX
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello everyone,

Just to confirm for anyone reading this discussion.

The form will not load if you’re ineligible for the Directed Share Program. To be eligible, you must be a U.S. resident who has, as of November 1, 2020, accepted a reservation that began or was scheduled to begin in 2019 or 2020. If you did not receive an email on Monday November 16, you are not eligible to participate. If you believe you’re an eligible host and the form is not loading, make sure you’re logged into the account that received the email or notification.

Here's some important information we need to share with you:

The offering is being made only by means of a prospectus. Copies of the final prospectus, when available, may be obtained from: Morgan Stanley & Co. LLC, Attention: Prospectus Department, 180 Varick Street, 2nd Floor, New York, New York 10014 or Goldman Sachs & Co. LLC, Attention: Prospectus Department, 200 West Street, New York, New York 10282.

A registration statement relating to these securities has been filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission but has not yet become effective. These securities may not be sold nor may offers to buy be accepted prior to the time the registration statement becomes effective. This notification shall not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy these securities, nor shall there be any sale of these securities in any state or jurisdiction in which such offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful prior to registration or qualification under the securities laws of any such state or jurisdiction.

No offer to buy the securities can be accepted and no part of the purchase price can be received until the registration statement has become effective, and any such offer may be withdrawn or revoked, without obligation or commitment of any kind, at any time prior to the notice of its acceptance given after the effective date. An indication of interest in response to this notification will involve no obligation or commitment of any kind.

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Hello,

I received the email.

I am eligible for the program.

However, I cannot get the form to load.   I tried everything!

I tried to load it in several browsers, in the app, on my tablet, using my ISP, using a VPN, nothing seems to work.

I contacted customer service on November 17 2020 right after receiving a faulty email from airbnb and have an open customer service request. that only received an answer today but the form still does not work.

Can you please help before the deadline.  

Thank you! 

@Lizzie 

Can you register me directly since the link do not seem to work?  

I also emailed customer service on November 17 2020 but their link won't work either.  

thanks!

Thankyou for trying to help. 
The community help guide (link) does not show the direct shares issue on its list of subjects.
You do have the option, to start your own (help) section, as a host, but Airbnb customer service is not going to assist you, from this link. 
You will get to see all the other conversations that may revolve around the subject your searching.
But airbnb has no customer support link attached to this forum. 
It’s interesting that the LEGAL aspect of this direct shares program, is being openly clarified. It’s even more interesting, that there was even a subtle underlying message, stating, that this privilege or invitation to purchase, could be taken away from any individual.  IF airbnb saw fit. 
It’s bad enough that there was only a 4 day window to get your name on the list, so you could Maybe be selected to have the right to buy, the small (undisclosed)quantity of shares, put aside & designated for only the (select) few. 

I think my email message, had a disclaimer that said,  Because there was such a small quantity of shares set aside, that Not everyone would be (selected).
It sounds like every Qualified host, Got an invite, but it was just to save face, in the public eye. 
Airbnb had no intentions of of honoring its hosts with anything but, the title “SUPER”.  It’s sad , unfortunate & disheartening. 
For that I will take my short hold time and polite customer service reps & be grateful. 
Thanks for your loyalty, Airbnb, you were Super. 

Hamish35
Level 1
United States

Hey Airbnb,

What happened to the sharing economy, eh? I have been a host for longer than most users and helped build this business. Now when it comes time to share the dividends of this enterprise, you give us a 5-day window to sign up for a limited number of IPO shares. How does that square with being a community? Are you loyal to your hosts like we are loyal to you? I would like to get an invite for the Directed Share distribution, please. You should also obviously send an invite to all hosts that have been active at any point up until this IPO was announced. Not just an email, send a letter, and give more than five days to respond! And now we're hearing about  technical difficulties...
Ingrid38
Level 2
Clifton, NJ

For all those who were left out of directed share program ( those who qualified and didn’t qualify) and  want to participate pre ipo on their own. 

https://airbnbase.com/ipo/

@Hamish35 

Deborah331
Level 2
Boise, ID

Omg!!! I have been begging for this opportunity. 
mans I find the is invitation to pre register for the direct shares program my spam box! 
what a disappointment. 
I was so disheartened that airbnb only gave us a 4 day window to respond. 
move been a host & superhost for 3 years running. 
just one small independent host, trying to build a retirement out of my home. I use o other company. I’m 100% loyal to airbnb. 

Does anyone else feel like a 4 day window, just seems like a slap in the face. I begged for this opportunity, but it feels like airbnb, just wanted to be able to say they did, offer it. But they really didn’t want us to take it or even make the list of important people, who have helped them get to where they are. 
Is any one else feeling a little insignificant, unimportant and overlooked. I don’t usually complain or participate in group conversations.

But I truly felt stomped on & kicked to the side.

when I called to inquire, I was sent a feedback link. there’s nothing that feels worse, than having your complaint sent to a department. Knowing you will never get someone to call you back or take a minute to validate that your message was recieved. That you were heard. That you mattered. 
I’m not trying to start a poisoned conversation. But Does anyone else feel like they were not given a far chance or opportunity to be considered for the Direct Shares Program? Does anyone else agree that we should of been given more time or even a second chance. 
why wasn’t this notice also sent to our airbnb account?

@Deborah331 

Hi Deborah: please take a moment to review entire thread under the Community Room tab titled “Airbnb Directed Share Program” then let me know if you too believe that those of us qualified hosts are being duped.

VBR, Allen107 (Superhost since 2013, Brownsville, OR)

Deborah331
Level 2
Boise, ID

I am not sure what’s happening with the Direct Shares Program. It’s definitely disappointing, that airbnb hasn’t really made a huge effort to make sure qualified hosts had a chance to invest in the company, we have all worked so hard to help build. 
It definitely makes me not feel as confident about my airbnb retirement plan.