Airbnb’s Directed Share Program

Airbnb’s Directed Share Program

Did anyone get an email offering direct Airbnb IPO shares? seems like it should come through the Airbnb website. 

31 Replies 31
Thatcher1
Level 2
Los Cerritos, Mexico

Please jump over to the "Directed Shares Program" discussion room.

Jim95
Level 2
Palm Springs, CA

For some reason I cannot find that particular discussion room.  If I sear for the topic it only directs me here.  Can anyone aid me?  Thanks.

Allen107
Level 5
Brownsville, OR

Yes. I received an invitation and filled out AIRBNB's form today (Nov. 17, 2020) prior to the Nov. 20th deadline. As a seasoned investor and Airbnb Superhost since 2013, many great things can become of AIRBNB once regulators grant final approval of the IPO (ticker symbol ABNB to be listed on NASDAQ). It will allow Airbnb to raise cash, continue responding appropriately in challenging times (e.g. pandemic), and grow. Look for ABNB to mirror performance of other recent tech IPOs such as LYFT, UBER, etc. knowing there'll be wild stock price swings early on, then a period of relative stability, followed by good returns over the long haul. Remember the old adages in stock investing: "Only invest what you can afford to lose. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Over time stock markets outperform most other investments." Allen107 in Brownsville, OR

Allen can you share the form link with those of us that the letter link just send us to an information page?    (I do qualify.)

Allen107
Level 5
Brownsville, OR

Thatcher1: yes, just a moment, please. Allen107

Allen107
Level 5
Brownsville, OR

Thatcher1 and all other interested U.S.-based Airbnb hosts. The link and screenshot are listed below:

**[Link removed due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines

The reason for saying "U.S.-based" is because Airbnb's planned Directed Shares Program will only be available to investors residing within the United States of America due to complex securities regulations. Very Best Regards, Allen107 in Brownsville, OR

Sharon1014
Level 10
Sellicks Beach, Australia

That link you just posted doesn't belong to Airbnb and is very possibly a scam.  If you google "exssve marketing" - no such company exists.

exssve.JPG

@Jim95 @Allen107 @Thatcher1 @John-And-Caroline0 

@Lizzie @Nick 

@Thatcher1 @Allen107 

That is not the site that I used to fill out the short form via Airbnb's link.

Be VERY skeptical of that link.

Allen107
Level 5
Brownsville, OR

Sharon1014, oh no. Thanks for the heads up and warning. It figures that someone is trying to spoof Airbnb as they prepare for an actual IPO in the U.S.A. Fortunately, I only gave my name, number, and email, to which they'll probably sell to other "spammers". Good grief, Allen107 in Brownsville, OR. P.S. Hope wildfire season will be tame down under this season compared to when we last visited NSW and Victoria. 😉

Thatcher1
Level 2
Los Cerritos, Mexico

Per Airbnb:  [The] form will not load if you’re ineligible for the Directed Share Program. To be eligible, you must be a U.S. resident who has, as of November 1, 2020, accepted a reservation that began or was scheduled to begin in 2019 or 2020. If you did not receive an email on Monday November 16, you are not eligible to participate.

• If you believe you’re an eligible host and the form is not loading, make sure you’re logged into the account that received the email or notification. You can also reach our customer support team here.

p.s.  If you didn't receive the email in error, and you do qualify no one at the help desk knows how to assist. 

p.s.s. I am 100% eligible per the program, but they think I live in Mexico because thats were the properties are.  If they looked at the validated ID they would know better.   

@Thatcher1 

Did you get your issue resolved?

I finally got an email from customer service today but it still won't load for me and today is the deadline.  

Allen107
Level 5
Brownsville, OR

@Emilia42 Can you post the link that you used in filling out the short form for comparison and clarification purposes, please? It might be helpful in heading off other hosts from being duped. Thx, Allen107

@Allen107 

The link I used no longer shows the form. It could be because I already completed it or because of the same technical problems reported above. 

https://www.airbnb.com/d/airbnbs-directed-share-program-pre-registration?c=.pi80.pkb21uaS8xLzQ0MjYx&...

Allen107
Level 5
Brownsville, OR

@Emilia42 

Thanks. I should have paused and carefully examined the domain name (airbnb-ipo.net VS airbnb.com). Allen107 in Brownsville, OR