Airbnb's offer of payout percentage due to pandemic

Answered!
Jim1553
Level 1
Kill Devil Hills, NC

Airbnb's offer of payout percentage due to pandemic

Hello all, Have any hosts received the as promised percentage of the cancellations refunded to guests in first months of pandemic?

This was an unexpected generous gesture that I was pleased to hear the company announce, yet now as 2020 comes to a close I am starting to believe that is all it is "a gesture." I have made a few calls to representatives of the company and they keep saying it is being done in slow payouts depending on where you host, however I know hosts from North Carolina to California who have yet to receive this money. 

Any insight here? Thank you kindly, Jim (and his co-host Penelope)

1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Jim1553

We have received everything we were promised. Not a huge amount but better than the nothing we were entitled to.

if you go into your list of reservations and then click on the cancelled tab you will see why you do or do not qualify.

View Best Answer in original post

7 Replies 7
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Mine were refunded at the time. Presumably you have a strict cancellation policy -if so you should be refunded by now. Try Airbnb again by phone/social media. @Jim1553 

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Jim1553 Are you sure you were entailed to the payouts? You had to have a strict cancelation policy. You would have then gotten 25% of the 50% you were entailed to or something like that. It looks like you have a flexible cancelation policy. Airbnb customer support is wasting your time, sadly. You won't be getting any of these generous gesture payouts.

@Emilia42 

No, it was 50% of 50% which comes down to 25% of the original rental price.

25% of 50% would be only  12.5% of the original rental price.

I think that would be unethical and airbnb would never do that.

This is what they are doing.

Thank you kindly for your explanation. It was not understood by us that the refunds were contingent on our cancellation policy. This all makes sense now! Have a good day and take care...

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

I had a booking cancelled and my guests were refunded in full by AirBnB.  I have seen no money from that cancellation (and no rebooks, either).  There was some message that appeared on my phone purporting to be from AirBnB,  telling me to click a link for $500.00.  I do not click on links and the message was not on the computer platform/dashboard.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Jim1553

We have received everything we were promised. Not a huge amount but better than the nothing we were entitled to.

if you go into your list of reservations and then click on the cancelled tab you will see why you do or do not qualify.