Airbnb stole my money

Meddy2
Level 1
Montreal, Canada

Airbnb stole my money

Hi everyone, im a guest that canceled a trip 2 weeks before the check in. The amount was 503$ but airbnb never refund the money back in my account. I tried to contact them and explain them my situation 3 times, but they always said the same thing: that they are sorry, it was a mistake of their computer and that they gone put my case as a emergency for someone to contact me back, but  1 week and nobody ever contact and every time I called, they repeat to me the same song so I dont know what to do, can someone give me advice please ? I think that I will fo see the police tomorrow but if I could do something else, can someone tell me ?

3 Replies 3
Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Meddy2

The amount that you would be getting after the guest refund will be paid out by Airbnb 24h after your guest would have arrived.

This seems to be ongoing problem with Airbnb. They recently did the same thing with my girlfriend. The took 400$ dollars out of her account after the host canceled (she didnt cancel). They went ahead and took the money anyway. Now they wont put it back. She never stayed at this persons place. That is fraudulent.  We're thinking of going to the police as well.  

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Fidel16  Going to the police is not going to get your money back. You need to contact your financial institute or credit card company and dispute the charges directly through them. The will do a chargeback to AirBnB for the funds.