Airbnb support not responding to messages

Ruth924
Level 1
Neuilly-le-Vendin, France

Airbnb support not responding to messages

Nearly 2 weeks ago I logged a complaint with the resolution centre regarding a refund for a cleaning fee for an apartment that was dirty even though the host had signed up for 'enhanced cleaning'.  I have a reference number and every time I have asked for progress, my message has been closed off with no response. I can't get any response from Airbnb Support at all. I live in France and my booking was made via Airbnb UK

2 Replies 2
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Air BNB is responding really slowly to most issues now.  There was a 4 month lag in resolution to an issue I had.  Keep messaging, but consider using Twitter to prompt response.  Email and phone calls are not very effective at this time.  Good luck

@Ruth924  Customer support is extremely slow these days for everyone, but you do get better results if you actually know the policies and follow the protocol. The Guest Refund Policy is here: https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/544

If you found the property dirty upon arrival and decided to cancel the booking, you should be eligible for a refund. But if you completed your stay, there is no reason to think you're due anything here. Nowhere in that policy does it say the Cleaning Fee is refundable if you find the cleaning insufficient.