Airbnb system bug

Steve572
Level 2
San Jose, CA

Airbnb system bug

Speaking of BUGS....in the system with airbnb...

I am serching for a resolution and came upon this thread. Although mine is very different, It is unexeptable to have my situation. I too agreed not charge a booked guest when they had to cancel. There was a family with a daughter who broke a bone prior to thier stay and it required them to cancell thier vacation. Of course I agreed to refund/release, ALL of thier money not withholding any of it, as it was the right thing to do. Flash forward 2 YEARS later, YES 2 YEARS!!! and I see a current payment from a guest short over -$350. What the heck? An ADJUSTMENT OVER-$350 ouch! What has happened?

I called right away and talked to Shiela from airbnb. We finally got to the bottom of it, and the only explanation is that "IT" would have to look at it and get back to me later. I asked for a supervisor and I am still waiting for a call back over 48 hours later. I made a follow-up call talked to another representitive, very nice and he said there are good notes on the case but Sheila and her supervisor will call back shortly and..... still nothing. Again I have not budgeted to have my payment short after 2 years. I am not prepared to deduct that money after 2 years. How in the world does that happen? It scares the heck out me that my money is trusted to this "Buggy IT" problem.

I hope this is an isolated incident, but here we are. Bugged in California "Super Host". Hoping for  resolution I'll let you know, Steve

0 Replies 0