Airbnb to coach guests on rating system

Leli64
Level 2
New York, NY

Airbnb to coach guests on rating system

Can Airbnb coach guests on the rating system so they are aware that 4 stars is bad?

Perhaps a quick reminder right before they leave a review. Because I think a lot of guests think they are doing us a favor leaving a 4 star review. Or think that a 5 star is when they’re blown away and it’s actually for receiving the service they paid for.

2 Replies 2
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Leli64  Hosts have been jumping up and down about the unfair review system for a long time and Airbnb has chosen to ignore that. Airbnb actually tells guests that a 4* rating is "Good". They don't want to let guests know that anything less than a 4.7 average is something they send hosts warning messages about.

So all hosts can do at this point is let guests know how the ratings are applied on the host end. There are various ways to do that without being crass and teling a guest to give you a 5* rating. There have been several threads on this forum where hosts discuss how they do this.

Leli64
Level 2
New York, NY

I just joined the community but I figured as much. I guess I’m hoping if we keep talking about it Airbnb will see that it's not necessary to have us jumping through hoops. Top rated hosts will deliver because we want to offer great hospitality. We just get penalized in vain. Anyway, thanks for suggesting the other threads for tips!