Airbnb took my $ and won't give it back

Airbnb took my $ and won't give it back

I'm so disappointed with the unprofessional and inadequate way Airbnb has dealt with this issue. I had a guest book our lovely bay cottage December 30-Jan 3rd. After two nights she messaged me through Airbnb to say that she loves our home and that her guest that had planned to join her were unable to join due to Covid so she was unable to afford the stay. She asked if I would give a discount and I informed her that unfortunately we would not be able to do that but she might check with Airbnb. She checked and then Airbnb canceled her reservation, while she was staying in my place, took the full amount from my account and refunded her fully. She was then allowed to stay in my place for free and without the liability insurance that is included when booking through Airbnb. Basically a stranger stayed in our place without paying a cent. We had to pay all of our service fees. I have multiple conversations that are "recorded" according to the pre-recorded messaged when you call into the Airbnb help line and many messages saying that Airbnb is "looking" into it yet, they have not resolved this issue. It feels like I'm living in a comunist country in which someone can go into my account and deduct money from me without cause or explanation. On top of having our payment deducted by Airbnb after they canceled her reservation, they also allowed her to provide a rating for her FREE stay in our house. She gave us a 3. We have always gotten 5s.  Airbnb said that because she stayed in our place, even though they canceled the stay, that it was ok for her to give us a rating. Wow! So Airbnb let her stay in our home for free, cancleed her reservation AND let her give us a bad review. Perhaps Airbnb is being run by some very inexperienced customer service people, a company that perhaps grew way to big too fast and is unable to quickly resolve such a mistake. We are still wainting but it has been weeks. 

1 Reply 1
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Leslie652 Someone must be listening t you as there are only 5* ratings on your listing unlesss the 3 was in a sub category