Airbnb took my money but did not confirm my trip PLEASE HELP

Airbnb took my money but did not confirm my trip PLEASE HELP

Last night i instant booked an aprtment. Aibnb took my bank details and i clicked the option to pay. The money was taken from my account even though airbnb said it had failed. My trips says verification failed. I contacted the host who said to contact airbnb as she hadn't recieved any booking from me. She accpeted my request and sent a new link to pay for the booking but i cannot pay as airbnb have already taken the money from my account! Please help I am starting to panic and I am not getting any answers. 

10 Replies 10
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Amy450,

You'll have to contact Airbnb support.

This forum is a place where members help each other with advice from their own experience. It's not Airbnb support.

You say that the trip section says "verification failed". Could it be because the "verified info" section on your profile shows no profile photo and only one verification?

To contact support you can ...

Log in and click on "Help" and then type "contact airbnb" in the "Ask a question ..." box. Then click on the "I want to contact Airbnb" link.
Then click on the "Contact page" link near the end of the page.

You can also type "contact airbnb" in the "Search the community" box on these forum pages where you posted your question. Scroll down a little in the list of suggestions that appears and click on the "Contact Airbnb: A Community Help Guide[UPDATED]" one. That lists phone numbers and ways to contact them via Twitter or Facebook.

I've already contacted support but I am waiting to hear back from them. I have just now verified my info with ID etc. (thank you for telling me about this) but my trip still says "failed verification" 

@Amy450

Amy - your first port of call when there is a disputed transaction on your bank account is your bank - they have a legal obligation to investigate and usually will refund you until they have investigated. They should also be able to give you a definitive answer as to whether AirBnB received your money or not.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Amy450

What do you mean the host sent you a new link to pay for the booking.

You need to call Airbnb now and find out what has happened.

Do not pay again.

Joyce106
Level 1
Netherlands

Hi! I've got the same problem, i booked my trip this tuesday, i already paid the apparment but the host hasnt receiverd any booking or mail or whatsoever. 
I tried to contact the airbnb support but so far with no succes.

Can you let me know how to fix this if you hear or receive anything?

Kind regards, Joyce

I know I am reviving a dead  topic but my advise for anyone coming across this is that you always use a credit card, not a debit/bank card, for anything like this.  It is much easier to dispute and get refunds in my experience.  We are dealing with an issue where AirBNB charged a card that was no longer on file for a home we didn't book.  Their support team is useless and they are untruthful (they lied and said they would escalate us but they just passed us around the department and people pretended to have different titles).

Melissa1027
Level 1
Huntington Beach, CA

The same thing is  happening to me and my husband. We booked, verified & they took our money & then they sent us a receipt and confirmation. Next day we called the owner to ask a few questions & they said they didn't have our reservation. We called Airbnb & they gave us the run around! They said they didn't charge our card but we called and checked & sure enough they did pull it out! We spent 4 hours on the phone with them, being switched from person to person with more crap answers. They said it'll take 72 hours to credit our card back, ( The money they said they didn't pull out) but then it'll be another 5-15 days for the bank to put it back on. They ripped us off. Now we have no money so our trip had to be cancelled & we have to fight to get our money back. They ruined what was supposed to be a  relaxing, no stress birthday vacation for my husband.

Same thing happened with me yesterday .. I booked room in pondicherry and even they charged money too from out debitc but  in the night I got an email saying that you booking has been cancelled due to the identity proof incomplete n written that your money will be refund in 10 business days .. 

I was trying to call the host but there is no number on the site, I did message but no reply from host .. 

I don't know whether I will get my money back or not? 

Hi,

I am in the exact same situation as you are and airbnb is not picking up the phone and I am loosing braincells as I listen to this jingle. Did you got your money back and what did you do to get it back? Any guidance would help a lot. God bless.

Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Amy450 it wants you to upload Id as each host has separate requirements for Id , personal id , also your host may require you to send a message or to have clear photo id without sunglasses or avatars or an obscured face. I imagine that if it was really Airbnb that a message has been sent to you by Airbnb that something requires updating . It may be that you have no previous reviews and the host expects that or something else. the host will also receive a message if the money has gone through but will not have received any money until your stay has commenced.  Give it a few hours H