Airbnb won´t process my payment

Rodrigo354
Level 2
Mexico City, Mexico

Airbnb won´t process my payment

I´ve been dealing with this problem for the past 9 MONTHS, no one at Airbnb is of any help, this is very strange since I´ve never had any problems with any of my payments anywhere else.

Here´s the situation. I have tried booking several different places since October of 2017, everytime I try to book a place Airbnb declines my payments, they told me it was my CC company declining the payment (I called the CC company and they told me that that was not the case since its not in their policies to declin payments), after that Airbnb told me I wasn´t verified (I have my ID verified and confirmed, I have my Gmail linked, Facebook linked and all of my personal information), After trying Paypal and two different CC Airbnb told me to try a different CC so I did, I  even manually verified the CC with Airbnb. And guess what, I´m still not able to book anything through Airbnb (I tried 7 different places since October 2017). 

In this process I talked to at least 9 service agents at Airbnb, they were always nice but non were able to solve the problem.

Airbnb is just losing customers because of a problem that shouldn´t be there in the first place. 

3 Replies 3
Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Rodrigo354  Is the zip code your using on your profile the same as the one that you get your credit card bill mailed to? Also are you putting in the 0 so you have a 5 digit zip code i.e 01080? These are known issues. Some countries only have 4 digits and if you put a 0 infront it usually works. I have not seen a work around though for 6 digit zip codes yet. 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Letti0  ALL zip codes in Canada are 6 digits. Letter/number/letter  Number/letter/ number.   Never had a problem with my payouts, but never booked as a guest. However, I've had many Canadian guests, so perhaps it's set up for that when a guest is Canadian.

@Sarah977  I have a theory on this issue I was thinking about sending it to @Lizzie. My programers logic was working on this one for while now. Most Candian guests would book through http://www.airbnb.ca, so it's setup for the 6 digit zip code. Most people in the UK would use http://www.airbnb.co.uk which is 6 or 7 digits and so on for all the various countries. I believe the majority of all these people that have an issue with their cards are using http://www.airbnb.com which is set up for a 5 digit zip code and that's why with a 4 digit code you can fool the system some times by adding a 0 to the beginning, but it doesn't always work. I also beleive that most of the US users that have issues may be booking on the forgien sites, This would also explain why a PayPal account is rejected also the AirBnB US site sends the PayPal request to the US division of PayPal automatically. I think a smaller percentage have this issue, no matter which country they are in if their profile has a zip code that does not match the cards billing zip code the cards rejected because it's either a business card with a different billing zip code or their profile address has not been updated to the addres that matchs the card.