Airbnb wrongfully charged my credit card that was no longer on file and refuse to help further

Lin16611
Level 1
New York, NY

Airbnb wrongfully charged my credit card that was no longer on file and refuse to help further

Hello,

Does anyone have a similar situation as me? 

I specifically deleted credit cards that I didn't want Airbnb to charge with, but Airbnb still managed to find the old card to charge my reservation with. 

They kept telling me that it's not possible to remove a card associated with an active reservation (but I did remove it). 

Then, they charge the old card without even notifying in during the process, hence they charge that card without my consent. 

Now, they kept telling me that they cannot do anything about it when the reservation is active. And, since I removed the old cards, next time it will be charged on the right card. This is not true because I HAD removed the old card already. 

Their solution for me was, "Next time, it will be charged on the right card", which makes me laugh. If this time, they already managed to charged on the old card without my consent, what makes me think they will charge on the right card next time? 

This is pure frustration, not only the "check out process" is so poorly done.

It also bothers very much how much Airbnb belittled this situation, charging on a card that's no longer on file without the owner's consent, this is not ok. 

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Lin16611 

If you want to change the card charged for a pending or active reservation, you need to follow the steps mentioned here at "Editing a payment method for upcoming payments":

How do i edit, remove or add a payment method

Just removing a card will not work if attached to a reservation

For future charges on new reservations set the right payment method as the default.

Juley0
Level 3
Danville, CA

Try contacting the Credit Card Bank & filing a dispute.