All of a sudden Airbnb search when searching for specific city displays entire region?

All of a sudden Airbnb search when searching for specific city displays entire region?

4 Replies 4
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@David8879 

It depends on the kind of search.

Some of the new "categories" changes area, also "i am fexible" widens the default search area.

@Emiel1 I did not sign in, did search from the browser with completely cleared cookies, did not select any options, just searched "Albufeira, Portugal" and it brough up ENTIRE ALGARVE!

Only started after Summer Release

Bookings dropped liek a rock as well

Is that the campaign to drive guests away from good saturated arreas?

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@David8879 

Search page is by default set to "i am flexible", "1 week"

Your listing is assigned to 3 categories: beach, amazing pools, lake

Respectfully - on the computer (not phone) - there is no longer such option. Only "location date from and date to". Even in filters there is no "I am flexible". Unless I need much thicker glasses LOL 

EDIT: So, I did search on the cell phone's app and as you said "I am flexible" option is defaul, but that is beyond the point as I typed in "Albufeira, Portugal", available dates for my listing and lo and behold - voila - my listing came out first.

So, phone version works fine.

Computer version is broken beyond repair now

EDIT #2 - and now, magically except for map being zoomed out - listing coming up first is search again....magic indeed.

Need to figure out where to see "categories"

Thank you for your help!