All prices are showing in the wrong currency?

Answered!
India0
Level 4
England, United Kingdom

All prices are showing in the wrong currency?

This is really an issue for hosting and traveling. For the last few day all prices displayed on airbnb have changed to US Dollars. I'm in the UK, using airbnb.co.uk, my account is in British Pounds ... I'm confused. Anyone else experiencing the same problem?

1 Best Answer
Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

This content is in our Archive board.

You can still access it if you have the link but it won't appear when you search the Community Center.

To ask a new question in the Community Center, please click:

Stephanie_0-1677152405466.png

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

View Best Answer in original post

92 Replies 92

How do I change it in the app? 

Jess204
Level 2
Belmont, Australia

I just went to book a house in Queensland, Australia, and I live in Australia. When I went to reserve it, for the first time, it appeared as USD. This changes the nightly rate dramatically, and not in my favour.

How do I get Airbnb to change the listings to show in AUD if this is where I live and want to book?

It seems very sneaky. 

I will try and change the currency on my profile.

Fiona107
Level 3
Leyburn, GB

All listings are showing currency in dollars in the UK again Sep 2019.

Georgie35
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

It’s October 2019 and this still isn’t fixed. I’m in the UK, the property I want to pay for is in the UK, my bank card is from the UK, my PayPal is UK, I’m on Airbnb.CO.UK... but it converts all properties I’m looking at into USD... it’s a blatant scam to generate revenue from charging a foreign exchange conversion fee. There is no need or explanation for it, and no way to change it. 

Laura4257
Level 2
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

I just realised I could try airbnb.pl, but if your currency keeps converting back to USD on .co.uk, it might not make any difference.

Peachy0
Level 1
Manila, Philippines

Yes... I'm from the Philippines and was ready to book today November 2. That's when I noticed the rates were all in USD instead of the usual PHP. Any feedback on this issue?

Cheryl601
Level 2
Gilfach Goch, GB

I’m in the UK and  trying to book an apartment in Seville but the price is showing up as $1,537,392.24 COP, whatever that means!?!  Anyone else come across this? 

Ah I see! The currency in my profile had somehow switched to Columbian Peso. I have now changed it back to GBP and booked my apartment. Many Thanks to those who posted the solution.

Eileen300
Level 1
Gaithersburg, MD

I'm in the US but host in the UK.  There is no option to change the pounds to dollars. very fustrating

Carol5404
Level 1
Swansea, GB

I am trying to book I live in France and get prices in Yen which is very confusing. We are unsure if we pay for a booking will there be even more charges from British Pounds To Yen Then to Us Dollar,s Can AirBnB

help with this as it is very silly.

Laurence856
Level 1
Newmachar, United Kingdom

I am trying to put my house on Airbnb , when it comes to pricing it , it comes up with USD. I am setup in my account as £, how do i get it to be in £ when i'm setting it up? 

Laura4257
Level 2
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

I am not a host. I keep changing my account to Polish zloty and it keeps changing back to USD. I've logged out a few times after changing it to Polish zloty and logged back in again, in the hope that this might make the change permanent. However, after I've viewed a place or two, it reverts to USD. It's a real pain.

Tomasz55
Level 2
Wrocław, Poland

I've had the same problem for a while. When changing currency via menu option, it reverts back to the USD after any change in the results list (next page, filters change etc). What fixed it was manually adding a parameter in the URL: display_currency=PLN (or any other currency you wish). After that it seems to stick to that currency. Just add "&display_currency=PLN " to the end of URL in the url input (without the quotes)

Had high hopes for this to work as it seems quite obvious something like that is missing. But unfortunately it's not this any more 😞 

Susan1682
Level 2
Milwaukee, WI

I'm a host and I'm trying to book. The currency is in Rupees, not US dollars. Help.