Allow partial stay for additional guests?

Allow partial stay for additional guests?

Hi Everyone, 

I just became a superhost and I started hosting this March. So im still fairly new and have somethings to learn still. My place can take up to 8 people. Our listing is for the whole apartment but we stagger the price to make it more affordable.  We have a minimum price X for 4 people, 2 rooms. ( We close rooms 3 and 4 for less than 4 guests. Depending on the number of paying guests, we open rooms 3 and 4) Then add price Y for each additional guests after 4 guests. The reason we do not open all rooms is because a few guests have tried to bring in more people as we suspected. Recently we got  a request from a guest who had already booked for 6 people ( 3 rooms) for 5 nights. Then he asked if a 7th guest could join in for just 3 nights. That means we would have to open room 4 but we would not know if the 7th guest stayed on past third night. We could go in and close the room after the 3rd night but we feel awkward to do this. The guest who booked has several very good reviews and he was very polite and friendly. 

Would you accept the 7th guest for 3 nights? And would you go in and close room 4? Appreciate your sharing. Thanks

4 Replies 4
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

@Mary348 I’d probably just mark up the price according to the additional guest being there the whole time. It’s the same amount of work/laundry for you whether the additional guest stays 1 night or the whole time. 

I'd agree that the setup is the same regardless of how many days, I'd add the charge as per normal for the additional guest " Dear Guest, of course, we'd be happy to add a guest to your reservation, just click yes on the alteration request that I will send you."

Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Mary348 You might also consider creating additional listings (for room 3, 4) for such occasions and then make it available for such extra guests.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"

Thanks everyone for your reply.