Alter Reservation AND Alter pricing as a host

Marisa46
Level 1
Santa Cruz, CA

Alter Reservation AND Alter pricing as a host

A guest submitted a request yesterday for 4 nights, but after conversation, reduced it to two.  So I sent him a special offer.  I made a couple mistakes when I sent the special offer.  First, I accidentely sent it for 1 night, instead of 2.  Secondly, I put in the TOTAL price I expected for the two days, including cleaning fees, rather than a per night rate.  So, when I went back to alter the dates, that total price for two nights is set as the nightly base rate, and the alter form will not let me edit the nightly rate.  I obviously don't want to charge my guest DOUBLE what we both expected.

How can I change the dates AND alter the nightly rate?  I searched some of the existing threads here and it seems like reservation alterations are complicated and I haven't seen any solutions to my problem.

Thanks for your help!

5 Replies 5
Heather32
Level 6
Hawaii, United States

The easiest way to alter the dates is to let the guest do it. I have dealt with this a few times of late. When a guest changes their date, ask them to resubmit a request. Then you can send your special offer.

I know it is very confusing that AB tells you the cleaning fee is "always" included in the quote, but that it's actually not if you send a special offer. I make sure I advise the guest that the cleaning fee will be included with the nightly price of the special offer.

Just make sure you factor that in  for any future offers you send.

On this one I would call AB and ask for some help. Hard to find the #, so save this (415)800-5959 Airbnb customer experience.

Good luck!

Heather

I am trying to correct the rates on my listing it is saying 35 euros per night when it is actually 85 euros per night. I have tried to contact airbnb staff through facebook and keep getting to go to the help center . Can anyone help how does one get in touch with customer servcie when living in europe ? It seems impossible to actually talk to anyone from customer servcie with out being referred to yet another website? Cannot even manage to edit the listing rate per night , why have an edit icon and then one cannot use it ?

Catherine207
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

I have a guest who is being quoted for a nightly rate at my flat plus cleaning charge which is correct . But she is also being charged a service charge which I didn't factor in unless this of course is what AB adds to the booking for itself . Is that right ? Catherine
Hnc0
Level 2
Washington, DC

I have a similar problem, however my issue it that my guests cannot find where to accept the my alternative reservation.

Does anyone know where they find this in thier dashboard settings?

Thanks

Flora21
Level 2
Paris, France

Hey Marisa, did you find the solution to that problem? Because it could help me...

My guest booked for over a month so I made her a very special price, but now that she's arrived she says she has to leave in a few weeks.. so I want to change the dates AND the rate because if she only stays a couple weeks I'm not giving her a long term rate! But Airbnb keeps adjusting the price on its own when I change the dates, so it doesnt work for me and I dont know what to do.. 

thanks for your help guys!
Flora