Alter Reservation - Guest book for 1 person, instead for two

Jelena17
Level 2
Belgrade, Serbia

Alter Reservation - Guest book for 1 person, instead for two

Hello, please help.
I have guests that stayed for month and I have a lot of problems with them.
After few days, they ask me to stay another month.
Because I did now that I will have problems with them, I acepted reservation.
Now it is geting worse.
Second reservation is going to start in 2 days, and I can not cancel because
I will be charched for canceling.
I think maybe to make an alteration to their reservation, because they book for
1 person, and there are 2 adults and baby. It will be much expensive, so maybe they
cancel by themselfs.
My question is : do they need accept alter reservation, or they just say no,
and everithing stay the same?
Do you have any other sugestion?

5 Replies 5
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Jelena17  You have two separate issues here.  One is that the guest broke your rules during the current reservation. Did you contact them through the Air BNB message system when you found out and tell them they need to pay according to your pricing rules?  If so, you can send a claim through the Resolution Center (look up how to do that in the Help Center).  If you have notified them, you have essentially accepted their breaking the rules.

The second issue is the extension of the reservation for another month.  It seems you wish to charged them according to the actual number of guests and are now waiting for them to accept or reject the new reservation.  Yes, they have to accept the new reservation or they must leave.  It is confusing to me why you would want to extend the reservation if you feel you do not want them to continue to stay.  Good luck with this issue.

Dear @Linda108 guest already make second reservation ( 3 days after they arrived) and I accepted. I did not know that they will be so troubled guests. Now , 2 days before second reservation I do not now how to cancel and not be charged. 

That clarifies the situation a bit.  If they have not accepted the reservation modification they need to leave at the end of the current reservation.  You should communicate with them about the need for acceptance or they have to leave at the end of the current reservation.  They may not realize what they have to do.  

Wait, I just re-read your post.  You already have an accepted reservation modification that was initiated by the guest.  Right?  So now you have experience with them as guests and you do not really want them there.  Is that correct?  The change of reservation included the increase in the monthly rate due to the number of guests.  Right?  Then, it sounds like you have no basis to cancel the reservation that would avoid host penalty.  If that is the case, then what do you need to do with these guests to make the situation more acceptable?

Zappa0
Level 10
Key West, FL

This is happening more and more lately. I keep getting 1 guest again and again when it is more than that. I have to keep adjusting it. @Lizzie  Whatever new push they did needs to be fixed so that guests HAVE to select the correct number of guests before inquiring. This auto set to one person is a HUGE pain for hosts.