Alteration request "accepted" - not by me

Alteration request "accepted" - not by me

Hi all..

Just started HOSTING last month and I do enjoy it! I have a situation that I am not sure how it happened and if someone can explain how it occurred I would really appreciate it.  Last night a guest accepted a 60 day stay from (Feb 1st to March 31st) last night at 3:30 am EST.  I get home after noon and review my account to see if the person responded to my WELCOME message..  I am confused, when I see the dates for the stay now are (Feb 1st to March 23rd) with the words "Alteration request accepted Today at 2:08 PM" .. I am not aware of receiving any notice for me to accept or decline this request  .. Was this done by AIRBNB and I was not going to get an opportunity to approve or decline the customer's change?  Do I need to adjust a setting so I get to allow this type or change or not?   Thanks 🙂

p.s. can I look somewhere I may have hit a wrong button to "ok" this.. I really feel I did not do anything I should not have.

3 Replies 3
Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

hello @Andrew1850  and welcome to ABB CC from a Host across the miles in Auckland, New Zealand.

Did you contact ABB customer services?

If so, what response did they give you?

I've just contacted them to in regards to an Alteration to a Guests stay which the Guest said they had received confirmation it was accepted yet  when I tried to either accept or decline both those buttons were doing there green button whirly thing so neither worked properly.

I've since had another Guest book the night my Guest claims she's booked for as my calendar was showing both from my end and ABB end as been available.

Has anyone else had issues with Software/ IT Glitches with Alteration Request section as Hosts or as Guests?

If so, are they similar issues?

thanks in advance

Central To All Home & Location, Remuera, Auckland, New Zealand 

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Andrew1850, I assume your Guest in this situation has arrived and you have met each other.

Have you raised this matter with them for a possible explanation?

Sheri199
Level 1
Portal, AZ

I had a similar situation. I reviewed the msgs from a guest and it showed a request was made and accepted...by my boss, ok, but when I tried to view the request I couldn't. Somehow I did find it and clicked on "view request" and there it was along with a button to accept or decline.  I did neither and went back to the messages and it said that I had accepted the request. I did no such thing and when I finally talked to my boss she said she did not accept it the previous time either, so I have no clue what happened, but there it was and it was sent to the guest because he replied with a thank you.