Alteration to a reservation

Rob187
Level 1
Nantyglo, United Kingdom

Alteration to a reservation

Hello

Someone has booked my property before I had updated my availability (I was in the process of updating) I have sent an alteration request however I have received absolutely no communication from the guest and the original reservation date of arrival is fast approaching.  Can someone help me please, should I cancel the reservation altogether?  If the guest responds I am sure we can work it out but theres been no communication save for her original booking.  I've tried to conact via the site (6 messages and counting), email and telephone but all to no avail.

Please help

Robert

2 Replies 2
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

Best to contact AirBnb, yes you can cancel but then the nasties kick in. If you have an Extenuating Circumstance then ABB can cancel without penalty to you.

David
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Welcome to hosting @Rob187.  I see that you have Instant Booking turned on for your listing.  Go to manage listing, booking, and turn it off by requiring travelers to contact you for approval for reservation.  I think when setting up a new listing the IB is automatically activated.  Until you get your "sea legs", it is best to review guest before they book.  Make sense?

I agree with @David126 about cancelling the unexpected guest.  Do not cancell yourself.  There are several automatic penalties, including blocked dates and financial penalties for host cancelling.  Big no-no on Air BNB.  You must contact Air BNB so a rep can do the cancellation for you.  Here is guide to contacting Air BNB

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165#M728

Good luck!!