Altering payment for one guest. Need to not charge them the cleaning fee.

A73
Level 2
Victoria, Canada

Altering payment for one guest. Need to not charge them the cleaning fee.

I am hosting my first guest and had not set up the damage deposit and cancellation fee or cleaning fee. I would like to not charge them the cleaning fee but would like them to re-book so the damage deposit and cleaning fee requirements kick in. We receive our payment thru paypal. 

Could someone let me know how I could alter the fees for this one guest?

Thanks, 

3 Replies 3
A73
Level 2
Victoria, Canada

This is the host again. Sorry I meant to say that we want to have the Damage Deposit and Cancellation Policy kick in, we want to waive the cleaning fee for this guest.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@A73    You should not have put up your listing until you had all your ducks in a row. It is really bad form for a host to try to change the fees for a guest after the fact.

That said, just change it now, so it kicks in for the next person to book. And you need to be aware- Airbnb does not charge the guest the Security Deposit. It is only there as a warning that they COULD be charged that if they do damage. But most hosts find that unless the guest agrees that they caused the damage, it is really difficult to get paid.

Okay thank you very much. We made it all work. Thank you for the information on the damage deposit.