Am I allowed to post photos of my street?

Dusan0
Level 2
Niš, Serbia

Am I allowed to post photos of my street?

When guests search for apartments on a map, Airbnb places me in a different street close by. The thing is, that street looks really bad on Google Streetview, while the street I am in is much nicer. 

Am I allowed to post pictures of my street along with my apartment photos?

3 Replies 3
Lynne2
Level 10
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Of course you can post photos of your street and surroundings.  I use my listings' address as the name of my accommodation.  It is ot my home address, so I don't feel that there are security issues.  Mine is holiday accommodation, so I believe that people must know exactly what they're getting and where I am located. 

You have very good reviews, I see, and many of them mention the good location.  Perhaps a slightly more attractive photo from the balcony?  Some photos of those nice old buildings

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Dusan0

You're free to do that. A number of hosts who posted a picture of their house from the outside and sometimes also with a visible number and maybe a street sign were contacted by guests who simply rang their doorbell and wanted to stay. You might want to consider how you feel about the possibility of encountering this kind of situation, since not everybody feels it safe to be so 'findable' after posting pictures of their house  interior.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

You can move the pin on your google map for the listing.