Am I covered by Airbnb insurance if a guest books for a family member, not themselves?

Am I covered by Airbnb insurance if a guest books for a family member, not themselves?

A super host has completed an instant booking with me but then messaged to say it’s for her son. Will I be covered by Airbnb insurance? 

Thanks in advance 🙂

3 Replies 3
Yvonne191
Level 10
New Brunswick, Canada

Jo this is a third party booking and therefore it isn't covered.  I personnaly don't accept third party bookings as indicated on my Listing and would not  accept a request to do so from another host.

You were not made aware of this beforehand and only accepted the host, not the son. You could  contact the host and ask her to cancel her Request as it is a third party booking but she might not agree to do so.

If you don't wish to have him stay you need to contact Customer Service to cancel the Booking on their end. Don't cancel on your end.

Best wishes,

Yvonne

Thanks.  I agree.  The contract is between host and guest -  no one else.  I had this problem and cancelled with the guest.  I did not realise that I should have contacted Customer Service.  I don't want to lose my Superhost status through this.

Yadira22
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Terry357 

if you have proof that it’s a third party booking you can cancel penalty free as it’s against Airbnb TOS but this is best to do via the phone number they provide etc vs yourself. You would not get penalised for this, nor would you lose your superhost status. 
Thank you 🙂