Ambassador referral link showing a different host

Jake194
Level 2
Utah, United States

Ambassador referral link showing a different host

All three of my unique ambassador referral links are showing up as someone named “Ashley” when opened. My name is definitely not Ashley. I have someone who wants my help with becoming a new hosting, but I can’t get access to her listing because every time she opens one of my custom links it says to “start hosting with Ashley.”

However, when I open the link, I see my own name. So weird. 

Anyone know what’s going on? How to fix?

7 Replies 7
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hosts and guests can't help with technical queries. Call Airbnb @Jake194 

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Jake194 It would probably be easier to change your name to Ashley rather than expect Airbnb to correct their system.

Is the host referral system up and running again? I thought it was suspended.

I think host referral is suspended in some areas and still active in others. However I know that Guest referrals have stopped. 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Jake194  As an ambassador, I'm surprised you would think this is something you could fix. Obviously there is a tech glitch that only Airbnb could correct.

Jake194
Level 2
Utah, United States

@Sarah977  As an ambassador, it’s been my experience that hosts and guests often have better answers than Airbnb support, even when it comes to technical issues. And even when that isn’t the case, some hosts may have already had a similar problem and have received answers from support that aren’t published or well known. For example, I already figured out the problem and a workaround solution without working directly with Airbnb (though I did let them know about the glitch). I’d be a much less successful host if I limited myself to Airbnb support alone. 

@Jake194 Where did you get the impression that I was suggesting that one limits themselves to Airbnb support for answers? I didn't say any such thing.

I wholeheartedly agree that other hosts are generally far more knowledgable than their outsourced, ill-informed customer service staff, and that it's always vastly preferable to try to solve issues without involving them. This forum is a wonderful way of getting help from other hosts.

However, there are certain things, like an Airbnb technical glitch, that only they can fix. You may be able to find a work around, which is great, as it can take them months to correct something that should only take 5 minutes, but that's not really what I would call "fixed".

@Sarah977 Your first comment suggested that I was being unreasonable for asking other hosts for a solution that only a code base change could fix. So I wanted to clarify what I meant by “fix”: a solution to my problem, if anyone else had heard of one.

That said, I did notify Airbnb of the bug, because you’re correct that a glitch is not something I can actually fix.