Amenities - Remove "Family/kid friendly"

Ben106
Level 1
Honolulu, HI

Amenities - Remove "Family/kid friendly"

My listing is somehow marked as Family/kid friendly despite my best efforts to turn this off.

Under Edit Amenities on the Listing Details, I have none of the "Family amenities" selected.

Under Booking Settings, my listing is marked as both "Not suitable for children (2-12 years)" and "Not suitable for infants (under 2 years)". I tried turning these on and then off again to no avail.

Is there some other setting I'm not seeing that will turn this off? I don't want to have to continually decline people who want to bring their children because it's a waste of their time and mine, and it looks bad for Airbnb when their listing search is inaccurate.

13 Replies 13
Rachel318
Level 1
Seattle, WA

I am having this same issue!  All of a sudden "Family/Kid Friendly" is showing up in the listing under amenities.  I am guessing this is why I'm suddenly getting a bunch of requests to book from families that have kids.  How do I turn this off?  And, why is it showing if I have my place marked as "not suitable for children"? 

David-and-Patricia0
Level 2
Karana Downs, Australia

I'm having this same issue. Our place is definitely not suitable for kids (we are family friendly but not for this particular listing) but despite my best efforts I haven't been able to remove this from ammenities. I have unmarked all the same settings as you Ben.

Priscilla51
Level 1
Newberg, OR

I'm having the same problem! And have not been able to find any solutions in the community threads.

Have you reached out to AirBnB yet over this?

Thanks,

Chris627
Level 1
Albuquerque, NM

Same problem here.  

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

Must be a system glitch. Contact airbnb.

Elisa73
Level 2
Breckenridge, CO

I'm having this same issue.  Did anyone find a solution???

I am having the same issue and cannot find a contact number or email address for Airbnb.....?

Same issue here.

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

I have been sending DMs to AirbnbHelp at intervals since August and they say it is a known glitch and that "the developers are working hard" to fix it. 

I have listed all my concerns, mostly that it puts us in a terrible situation - guests find us through the Kid Friendly filter and then when we cannot host their kids they think we, the hosts, have tricked them. 

"Oh yes," AirbnbHelp says, "rest assured your case is with the correct team." They thank me for my patience.

I would say to join me in writing to them weekly until it is fixed. Will you?

Is there a fix for this yet? I'm having the same problem.

No, @Sara659, not yet. I continue to write to AirbnbHelp monthly, and they continue to tell me they are working hard on it. It has been since August, so their fingers must be down to the bone. Please write or phone as well. The more voices the better. 

Margot199
Level 2
Guyra, Australia

Same as above

Valerie1003
Level 2
Melbourne, FL

I think Airbnb doesn't want to list by not family friendly, since there are US Fair Housing laws that don't let you discriminate by age in renting a dwelling. I think it's up to the host to be specific about concerns in their listing, such as, "no amenities for children provided".