Amenities are different from listing

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

Amenities are different from listing

I got an email from CS that per guest complaint my amenities are different from listing and that there will be serious consequences if I do not fix this. No other details! I have hosted a few hundred guests there and pictures are taken by Airbnb photographer. Surely I have changed duvets since and toilet paper may have different print on it. We all know that’s unacceptable to some guests. I haven’t had an Airbnb guest stay there in a few weeks so can’t even think back to any complaints. Every interaction with CS these days must be a frustrating experience

5 Replies 5
Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

You are living in a Kafka novel again, @Inna22 ! 😞

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Inna22  So typical of Airbnb to threaten to punish you without bothering to tell  you the specific crime.  Kafka indeed. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Oh dear @Inna22 

I am sorry that you are experiencing so many problems with Airbnb and your guests. I agree it is rather Kafka-esque. This is beyond ridiculous even for Airbnb 🙂

Have you asked the  las few guests who stayed if they have had any concerns about a  'missing' amenity?

@Helen3 Two guests in a row were surprised that it was an apartment not a whole house because it said entire place even though apartment was mentioned at least 12 times in my listing in various ways- this is an apartment, you may hear the guests upstairs, yard is shared with the other apartment and so on. I even posted about it here. That’s all I could think of and that was at least a month ago

@Inna22  I guess the answer here is no.  But, shouldn't airbnb be able to look at the listing and see that its an apartment 'entire place' and therefore nothing is inaccurate in the listing description.

But, more problematic, is that they would actually create a communication to the host, threatening repercusions, alluding to 'inaccuracies' and NOT STATING WHAT THE INACCURACY IS ALLEGED TO BE.  'You know what you did' is okay I guess for personal relationships, but you can't run a professional affiliation like that.