Amenities for Guests?

Amenities for Guests?

My first investment property in Thailand for Airbnb. Tried to offer as many amenities as possible. I have a gym, golf green, cinema, english pub, rooftop bar, garden bamboo hut, spa, sauna, children playground, coffee / juice bar, arcade machine, pool table, foosball table etc .. Is there anything anyone else can recommend to enhance the customers experience?13e62050-5338-4ba7-8bd7-ca21684e1e13.jpeg97ece164-6f3a-48e7-82cc-c38a6550f75a.jpeg5715ebd9-dd7f-4ada-a054-14d816c937ac.jpeg56193265-c4d7-4ceb-b13a-84fb25ab9477.jpega03513cc-28a6-4c14-8303-f13cfb2f7714.jpeg

21 Replies 21
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Most of the amenities you list are not ones that would appeal to me - but I am sure would appeal to the type of customer you are targeting.

It sounds like you are targeting large groups so I would say CCTV would be an essential to help prevent parties/guests being anti-social on the premises @Jon3846 

Good luck

@Jon3846   Admittedly I'm not sure I understand your concept. Based on your amenities, your property is clearly designed to host large parties and events. For example, one caption explicitly says the jacuzzi suits up to 40 people. But Airbnb is not an event rental platform and parties are permanently banned. 

So while your resort is spectacular, you can only rent it on Airbnb to up to 8 guests. Definitely not the size of group that would have any use for 4 whole bars - a party in such a huge space with only 8 attendees is no fun at all. Perhaps the question is not which amenities to add, but rather why you're listing this on Airbnb in the first place?

We have already had several bookings from Airbnb so clearly the platform works for us. I don’t believe it is the case that Airbnb does not allow guests to invite friends over to the property so you are incorrect about this and we have no issue in guests enjoying themselves at the property. In fact, part of the problem with Airbnb is too many *** hosting properties here and not allowing guests to have any fun. Whilst some hosts prefer to put extra bedrooms in the kitchen and living rooms, i prefer to have more entertaining space to enjoy. In any case you appear to have provided an answer that does not reflect anything in the original question? My question was about amenities and not about why I am listing on Airbnb 

**[Inappropriate content removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Jon3846 

@Jon3846 wrote:

I don’t believe it is the case that Airbnb does not allow guests to invite friends over to the property so you are incorrect about this and we have no issue in guests enjoying themselves at the property. 

I think @Anonymous was referring to Airbnb's ban on parties (gatherings of more than 16 people) which is actually a thing, not something he made up. This was introduced as a temporary measure in 2020 and then as a permanent policy in 2022:

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/2704/party-and-events-policy

While you may not be marketing the villa as a party house, the set up does seem like one that will attract the party crowd, especially if you are allowing guests to entertain others there. Perhaps you will get lucky and things won't get damaged or out of hand. Perhaps not. You should be aware that your listing can be suspended and future bookings cancelled if someone reports a party happening there.

Also, you allow smoking but don't have a smoke detector? It's almost like you're inviting people to set the place on fire. So, in answer to your original question, I'd say the amenity you should add is, quite simply, smoke detectors and plenty of them. 

Thanks. We do not allow smoking inside the property. 

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Jon3846 

Here's just one recent example, but there are plenty of others: 

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/Suspended-Superhost-Account-Due-to-Problem-Guests-that-T...

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Really sad to see you using the racist term 'Karen' on this community @Jon3846  - It seems that a lot of American/Australian males feel it's okay to use this pejorative, insulting term for a white woman.

Why come on here to ask for advice from highly experienced hosts and then start throwing out insults because you don't like the feedback you receive.

I bet if you had to clean up the vomit, remove stains from sofas, linens and towels, collect broken glass, clean up the food and drink encrusted  items that will inevitably be left behind you'd see that hosts here are trying to give you a reality check on what is likely to happen when you target party goers and allow unlimited access to your place.

Hosts here have had thousands and thousands of pounds worth of damage to their properties and their properties ruined  by partying guests. I hope this doesn't happen to you.

Louise0
Level 10
New South Wales, Australia

Unfortunately Airbnb isn't the platform for you. 

Guests don't really value much beyond cleanliness, decent towels and linens, fast wifi and maybe access to a nearby beach and a swimming pool on the property.  Certainly a bar, cinema, indoor golf, arcade games, sauna etc are something most couldn't care about. 

More pertinently, you can't rent to large groups or host parties in any case, so I'm hard pressed to figure out who on Airbnb would be your target market.

BTW, who on earth goes to Thailand to sit in a sauna?  There's a reason you had to import it from Finland...

Hello. The villa is not marketed as a party house. We simply have sacrificed bedrooms where people tend to sleep for entertainment areas where people can enjoy and make use of the facilities. It is a little bizarre your comment about people in Thailand not using spa facilities? Whilst I was hoping to get some constructive advice from this forum, it appears my optimism was misplaced. 

@Jon3846  What was misplaced was not your optimism, but rather your money. Some people have more dollars than sense.

Louise0
Level 10
New South Wales, Australia

As I said, guests don't really value much beyond cleanliness, decent towels and linens, fast wifi and maybe access to a nearby beach and a swimming pool on the property.  Certainly a bar, cinema, indoor golf, arcade games, sauna etc are something most couldn't care about.   So, as long as the place is squeaky clean and you've got fast wifi and good quality towels and bed linens you'll get bookings.  And you have.  Good.

I said nothing about "people in Thailand not using spa facilities",  just the sauna.

Your question was "Is there anything anyone else can recommend to enhance the customers experience?"  The answer is ... apparently not.

@Louise0 He has all the money, all the answers... and no guests (reviews). So.... *shrug*

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Of course you are marketing it as a party place @Jon3846  why else have multiple bars,  unlimited alcohol on tap, jacuzzi's, games rooms, a cinema and the ability to invite multiple guests who are not on the booking etc

It's your poor staff who are likely to have to clean up party mess that I feel sorry for.

Unlimited alcohol on tap? not sure where you saw that. Guests pay for cleaning and our staff are extremely well paid but thanks for your concern.