Amenity search suggestions: exclude smoking and pets allowed, add dishwasher, balcony

Kristin48
Level 2
Toledo, OH

Amenity search suggestions: exclude smoking and pets allowed, add dishwasher, balcony

I had a couple things i suggested to Airbnb today and wondered if others are also interested.  Hopefully the more they hear from us, the more likely they'd be to do it.  I think they should make the following searchable in the amenities:

1) no pets allowed (for those of us with allergies)

2) no smoking allowed (for the 80% of the world's population who doesn't smoke)

3) dishwasher

4) balcony or other enclosed outdoor space

5) combine wifi and Internet since those seem to be the same thing but some hosts choose one and some choose the other.

anyone else wish they had these things?

6 Replies 6
Victoria57
Level 10
Strathpeffer, United Kingdom

@Kristin48 you can add wishes to Host Voice for people to vote on.

@Kristin48 @Victoria57 I just made a list of similar (but more extensive) suggestions of additional "amenities" AirBNB should add so guests and hosts are better matched in the Host Voice section. Please go there and like my post! We need 20 likes for AirBNB to look at the post and review it for change. Thanks!

@Kristin48@John-and-Heather0.  Really, Portland, you can get too detailed in your desires.

Virtually all places are non-smoking, but not a bad search parameter

Not having a balcony doesnot mean that a private patio or garden section for guests is not offered.

You would start to exclude great places if every detail has to match your every desire desire.

I would prefer that Abnb add meaningful neighborhoods to all listing searches....location is rather more important than a dishwasher (to me).

@Amy38 You can already search neighborhoods using the map function to cut down listings, although I suppose you have to already know "where" your target neighborhood is.

@John-and-Heather0 My point is that even when I pinpoint my search, my listing does not appear 3 out of 4 times. And there are many visitors who specifically want to be here...close to Vanderbilt University and Med School. About  30% of my guests have been here specifically for students, meetings or reunions there. This doesnt end with the tourist season.

I need logical explanation for this if anyone has one.

We too agree that this feature should be added and more seriously taken.

[link removed]