American Express Bonus, $50 off on Airbnb

Deb0
Level 9
Mendocino, CA

American Express Bonus, $50 off on Airbnb

I just noticed an Airbnb bonus on my American Express Card. If you look in the "Offers and Bonuses" Section on your online Amex account you'll find "Airbnb: Spend $100 or more, Get $50 Back" Expires 12/31/15. That's a sweet deal!

FYI @Lizzie I tried to post a photo, but the photo uploader is not working properly...

5 Replies 5
Deb0
Level 9
Mendocino, CA

Also noticed this offer from Virgin Airlines to get miles on their frequent flier program when you book with Airbnb. Very cool. Love Virgin Air.

https://www.virginamerica.com/cms/elevate-frequent-flyer/partners/hotel-partners/airbnb-booking

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Deb0,

Thanks for letting me know. A small amount of users seem to be having a problem with uploading photos, I have reported to our tech team, but it would be really useful to know what is happening when you try and upload a photo so I can provide them with more details. Could you let me know what displays? Are you able to click on the camera icon? What browser are you using? Thanks so much for this 🙂 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Hi @Lizzie

I've tried on Chrome and also on Safari, same results. I am using a newish MacBook Pro if that makes a difference. When I click on the camera icon a dialog box comes up asking for Source, Image Description and Dimensions. There is no way to search within "Source" to find a photo. The only buttons to click are Cancel or OK in the bottom right corner of the box. No Upload button.

I've seen this same thing since the beggining of the Community Center. There were a couple of times I tried and was able to upload a photo, but mostly I get this other, non functional screen when I click on the camera. Looks like @DaveAndDeb just posted a photo though so it must not be site wide.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Deb0, thanks for this, this is really helpful. This has been reported a few times now but as you say it isn't happening to everyone! I am hopeful we will get to the bottom of what is happening here shortly! 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Good find @Deb0!  It also appears you just need to book by 12/31/15.

amex.png

Save  50  On Airbnb Through Amex Offers   One Mile at a Time.png

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host