An unexpected payment from my credit card £674 taken and I don't know what for.

An unexpected payment from my credit card £674 taken and I don't know what for.

My credit card has been debited £674 to Airbnb.com. Please explain urgently!!!

I have been unable to find a customer service email address or telephone number.

2 Replies 2
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Judith28,

Welcome to the Community Center. 

As the CC is for community discussion, it is not managed by any of the Support Team - so this can be looked into further I would recommend you contact them directly. There is lots of information on this here in the CC. You can use the search bar and type in 'Contact', alternatively there are some very handy Community Help Guides (created by hosts here in the CC), which includes one on the different ways of getting in touch. 

Do let us know how you get on. 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Dede0
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Judith28 Have you recently (last week or so) made a reservation at an AirBnB property, even well out into the future? AirBnB charges your card as soon as the booking is approved, even if the actual reserved dates are months away. I mention this possibility because I just went through this same "uh-oh, phony charge" moment when a $500+ charge showed up on my statement. Then I recalled that we'd made a reservation roughly two months out.