Announcement no longer exists - Help

Sebastiao1
Level 1
Viana do Castelo, Portugal

Announcement no longer exists - Help

Hi everyone,

Last month i made a reservation in Milan to spend 4 days in this wonderful city. I found a good house and well located. So, i did the reservation and the payment.
However, in the last days i was to the app and i saw that the flat is no longer available, quickly i contacted the owner, and he told me that he had issues with the airbnb, but he will try to solve the problems and the reservation keep the dates and the place. Can you tell what kind of problems are? and if i arrive to milan, and i dont have any house stay, what i will need to do? Thank you, and i expected that you can help me.

2 Replies 2
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Hello @Sebastiao1 Possibly the host doesn't have permission from the owner/community/property management to host - there have been a number of cases like that reported here. But in your case it is only speculation. There might be other problems as well.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Sebastiao1

No need to panic just yet, the host may for various reasons have unlisted temporarily. 

If you are uncomfortable, contact airbnb and ask them to cancel the reservation for you for a full refund.